No Wonder Our Seniors Are Confused . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the age with the comparisons I've done recently. Quoted today - 65 y/o non smoke female and the difference in G and F in Georgia was only $23 a month - add in the $183 and they would have only saved $93 a year . . . She is taking the F . . .

Thanks for proving my point. Even with that scenario, Plan G saves the client $93. In the greater metro Atlanta area, the lowest cost Plan F for a female age 65 non-tobacco user is $137.70. The lowest cost Plan G is $110.66 (these rates exclude any potential discounts). That's $27.04 per month or $324.48 per year. So obviously you aren't quoting the lowest premium plans.

I challenge you to ask EVERY potential Med Supp client the following question:

Mrs. Client, do you see a reason why you should pay the insurance company an extra $324.48 so that they will pay the $183 deductible for you?

I can guarantee you aren't stressing the savings to these clients. If anything, you are making Plan F out to be the best plan. I've found over many years of selling that when you educate a client, they make much better decisions. But you are interested in educating the client. Hell, you aren't interested in educating yourself.

I quote them the carriers I use . . .

Show them G and F - show the difference. ( didn't do that before - so, I learned ) They are free to choose whichever plan they like or none at all . . . It is what it is . . .

I can guarantee you aren't stressing the savings to these clients. If anything, you are making Plan F out to be the best plan.

I thought First dollar coverage is going away by 2020? (plan F, C). Why would anybody promote first dollar coverage when in 3 years will be grossly hijacked with heavy premium increases with a smaller book of sick folks left unable to switch :nah::nah:

I guess GI rights will have to include G in the future.

I can guarantee you aren't stressing the savings to these clients. If anything, you are making Plan F out to be the best plan. I've found over many years of selling that when you educate a client, they make much better decisions. But you are interested in educating the client. Hell, you aren't interested in educating yourself.

Why are you bothering? He can't or won't learn to do things ethically. He only has a few carriers and thinks that's all he needs.

I really wish I could put a tracking device on his car and follow up with all the clients he's going to screw.

Maybe Tom's real name is Luke.

Rick

Why are you bothering? He can't or won't learn to do things ethically. He only has a few carriers and thinks that's all he needs.

I really wish I could put a tracking device on his car and follow up with all the clients he's going to screw.

Maybe Tom's real name is Luke.

Rick

Mah. .

I thought First dollar coverage is going away by 2020? (plan F, C). Why would anybody promote first dollar coverage when in 3 years will be grossly hijacked with heavy premium increases with a smaller book of sick folks left unable to switch :nah::nah:

I guess GI rights will have to include G in the future.

Couple of reasons. One, plenty of people can still join plan F after the year 2020. The main company here, UHC let's you switch to any plan. Two, here in Florida plan J rates had the same increase as every other letter. 3 plan G isn't a viable option here, yet. I try to put most people on N but some still want the F. The F is what they get

Please show me where I've been unethical at any moment ricky?

I'm only repping a few carriers in all lines. That is not a big deal - that is my choice . . .

Gonna hurt when you fall off that high horse . . .

Couple of reasons. One, plenty of people can still join plan F after the year 2020. The main company here, UHC let's you switch to any plan. Two, here in Florida plan J rates had the same increase as every other letter. 3 plan G isn't a viable option here, yet. I try to put most people on N but some still want the F. The F is what they get

I'm probably missing it, but I really thought they would be taking Plan F away in 2020 and IF you already had one you could keep it. Otherwise you can't get it because it's not there to get at that point. Where did I mis-read this?

The 2020 Changes

2020 Plan F
Medigap Reform begins in 2020

So is Plan F going away? Yes, BUT only for new people starting in 2020. Here’s how it will go:
•If you are are on Plan F already when 2020 rolls around, you won’t be kicked off your coverage. In fact, you will continue to be able to purchase Plan F policies from other carriers after 2020 as well. (Again, the MACRA act only prohibits the sale of Medigap Plans C & F to newly eligible Medicare beneficiaries.
•If you are eligible for Medicare before 2020 but have delayed it because you are still working and have employer insurance, don’t worry. When you leave that insurance and switch to Medicare, you will still have the right to enroll in Medigap Plans C or F.
•People eligible for Medicare AFTER 2020 will not have this same right, but they will have a similar right to enroll in Medigap Plans D or G going forward.

Other popular Medigap plans like Plan G and Plan N will continue to be available for everyone in their current format. A New High-Deductible Plan G will be created and made available for both newly eligible and previously eligible applicants.

Found this on the internet so it has to be true.

The 2020 Changes

2020 Plan F
Medigap Reform begins in 2020

So is Plan F going away? Yes, BUT only for new people starting in 2020. Here’s how it will go:
•If you are are on Plan F already when 2020 rolls around, you won’t be kicked off your coverage. In fact, you will continue to be able to purchase Plan F policies from other carriers after 2020 as well. (Again, the MACRA act only prohibits the sale of Medigap Plans C & F to newly eligible Medicare beneficiaries.
•If you are eligible for Medicare before 2020 but have delayed it because you are still working and have employer insurance, don’t worry. When you leave that insurance and switch to Medicare, you will still have the right to enroll in Medigap Plans C or F.
•People eligible for Medicare AFTER 2020 will not have this same right, but they will have a similar right to enroll in Medigap Plans D or G going forward.

Other popular Medigap plans like Plan G and Plan N will continue to be available for everyone in their current format. A New High-Deductible Plan G will be created and made available for both newly eligible and previously eligible applicants.

Found this on the internet so it has to be true.

Thank you! That plays right into what Chasm is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back