Not Sounding Scripted

Zaphoy

Hello,

I am fairly new to insurance sales. I've been working at it for a month and had some success but I feel that people reject my sales offers because I sound too scripted. I also know that scripts are good because it gives key points to follow up and touch base on.

I was wondering who here used scrips, if any, and how did you work toward forming those scripts?

Hello,

I am fairly new to insurance sales. I've been working at it for a month and had some success but I feel that people reject my sales offers because I sound too scripted. I also know that scripts are good because it gives key points to follow up and touch base on.

I was wondering who here used scrips, if any, and how did you work toward forming those scripts?

Practice your script until it becomes you and it no longer sounds like a script.

At the beginning you are going to sound scripted. That's OK.

If you were a chef in training following a recipe, you'd stop every minute to check what you were doing against the steps, right?

So here, print out your script in a large font with spaces between the lines. Get used to it. Understand the process.

Eventually you will know the script backwards and forwards, and by understanding the sales process, you will know what should come next. Then you won't sounds scripted at all.

Last edited:
I use scripts.

I collect scripts from others, I make scripts on my own.

Just like your initial drive in golf is basically a free shot all teed-up, a script is your tee. Its your best shot at making a good first line.

Speak slower, don't race through, relax.

Eventually the script words become your words. Eventually you don't stick exactly to the script.

Remember, the script is simply the opening statement to elicit a response.

Its the responses you receive that you must be prepared to answer, and after a few dozen calls you'll get the top five responses you need to script for.

Recording yourself, like you can do with Mojo or Salesdialers, gives pretty good feedback so you know where to improve.

Latest posts

Back