Not Sure... Advice?

juicy

I've been doing property inspections for banks and mortgage companies since 2005. I'm thinking of getting into insurance sales. I'm in Saint Louis, MO.

Start-up money is not an issue. I am looking at sales geared towards seniors (medicare ?) and final expense sales. I am leaning towards the types of companies that provide appointments for me until I can start generating my own leads.

What type of license would I need to get? Health and Life?

Should I go a different route? I'm looking for the best niche to get into.

What would you all suggest? I know zero about medicaid/medicare, but I'm leaning towards working with seniors because for whatever reason, I have good rapport with older crowds. I'm in my mid 30s.

Im open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks

If you want to do the senior market. Yes, you need to get a health and life license.

Answering the question "best niche" is honestly too vague. You need to think more specifically than that. What's the best niche for you to work in, may not be the best for the next person to ask that question.

Do you have an established network you can immediately start talking to in the senior market? If so, then start there to get leads and work that as you buy direct mail (If you focus on the senior market that is).

Do you believe in the product you'll be selling? Are you passionate about it? Confident it will help a family when in need (it will)? etc

I would recommend getting educated first so you at least understand the basis of Medicare. The easiest way to do that is to read the Medicare and You Handbook for the current year. That will lay all the groundwork to get the basics.

Then just as an exercise, do a business plan. Write down some goals to hit, then activities that you must do weekly to meet said goals. Then take action. If you do end up wanting to get your license, check out our website to get a discount on it.

I've been doing property inspections for banks and mortgage companies since 2005. I'm thinking of getting into insurance sales. I'm in Saint Louis, MO.

Start-up money is not an issue. I am looking at sales geared towards seniors (medicare ?) and final expense sales. I am leaning towards the types of companies that provide appointments for me until I can start generating my own leads.

What type of license would I need to get? Health and Life?

Should I go a different route? I'm looking for the best niche to get into.

What would you all suggest? I know zero about medicaid/medicare, but I'm leaning towards working with seniors because for whatever reason, I have good rapport with older crowds. I'm in my mid 30s.

Im open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks

You need a Life and Health license,. I can get you a discount at Prelicense.com for this(About $50.00 - $75). You may also need a supplemental course for annuities or LTC depending on the state. Then you'll need to take the state exam, whcich varies depending on the state you reside. You'll need E&O (about $450 yr). You'll need to take AHIP $125 -175.

You'll need to buy some business cards and refrigerator magnets. Don't spend any money on direct mail or expensive lead systems. I have hundreds of "free" videos at my medicaremillionaire youtube channel to help you create a low cost marketing system you will own.

This is a rewarding business. Your on the right path

United Healthcare is a good place to start. Other companies have good products too, but UHC has a lot of online training, and they have regular meetings/training sessions with their agents. At least here in TN, they never see to begrudge training a new agent, answering questions, giving marketing advice. Some companies and MGA's are really just looking for trained agents that they can sign up and collect their override commission. And UHC isn't really a niche company. The have a Medicare product for all markets such as Medicare Supplement, Rx, Advantage, and Special Needs Medicaid/Medicare. They pay on par with other companies, and their online resources for commissions, marketing materials, education, etc. is easy to use and access. It's a great place to start if you are starting from scratch.

Back