Not Sure what is Fair....

j41nyc59

Expert
I just became a NY Accident & Health Agent. I have been Working at an agency for about a year now. I was offered 50 % of all sales and 50% of all residuals. I will be specializing in Medicare. Is that a fair deal?

I have been working in the office for about one year now and have learned a lot about the medicare advantage plans. I have greatly increased his amount of sales. I didn't know the split would be so high. I thought once I got my license I would get 100% of my residuals. I thought the split of the upfront commissions would be enough... I am not sure how other people work this out, but I am disappointed. I don't know enough to go out on my own yet....He said he will be supplying me with a desk, and leads in which he gets of people aging into Medicare.

Last edited:
I wouldn't take that deal. You're losing a lot of $, especially on renewals. The "leads" he's supplying you are likely just T65's which you can get a list of on your own for cheap. I'd think after doing it a year you know enough to get started independently. Buy a list of T65's in your area, get appointed with companies and sell away while getting 100% of the comp and renewals.

I know you are right. The problem is I didn't sell anything but Medicare advantage plans. Anyhow, he mentioned to me the 50/50 split on residuals will be in the contract and if I leave and go out on my own, he will own 50% of my book. I sold over 100 advantage plans last year no residuals being no license. He will keep those also.

Feeling Used.

I know you are right. The problem is I didn't sell anything but Medicare advantage plans. Anyhow, he mentioned to me the 50/50 split on residuals will be in the contract and if I leave and go out on my own, he will own 50% of my book. I sold over 100 advantage plans last year no residuals being no license. He will keep those also.

Feeling Used.

Wait a second, you sold over 100 MA plans without a license? Class, does anyone see a problem here?

Feeling Used.

Whao, wait, what did you just say???

Back