NYL San Francisco Bay Area

xynna10

NYL New Agent Experiences

Hello everyone:

Thank you all for the wealth of information on this forum. I am considering a career with New York Life and am curious about the experiences of new agents. I'd like to know what you found most challenging or most rewarding.

Did you feel you received the comprehensive training and support that they promise?

Did you have another career before entering the insurance industry? If so, do you feel your previous career contributed to your success as an agent?

Did you acquire valuable skills through their training sessions?

Any feedback is much appreciated. Due to the specific nature of these questions private messages are welcome.

Last edited:
I am not in that area, so I can't comment.

You might want to invite a PM ("private message") instead of discussing the agency in question in an open forum.

1. Many NYL agents are also securities licensed and are not allowed by firm rules to post in online forums.

2. Such agents may be identified by others in their agency and have their comments be submitted as a questionable activity.

Now, as a general rule, NYL has a great career agency system. They put their agents through the LUTCF training program through The American College. They also have the most MDRT members of all other companies.

They (NYL) are doing something right.

Local agency culture? That may be a different story.

More important than your agency is going to be your marketing strategy. How will you find people to buy your products? How will you identify them, solve their problems and ask for referrals?

If you don't have a good game plan that you can do on a daily basis from DAY ONE, you'll have a really hard time in your career.

Back