Oak Street pinched by feds for paying insurance agents

Am I the only one who missed out on a piece of all this money?! Reminds me of the genetic test thing.

One of the carriers (Aetna, I think) is offering its members an additional ~ $30/mo of OTC if a mb is paneled with an Oak Tree PCP. How is that any different than this whistleblower scheme? Like everything else, gawd forbid that the agent gets a little something extra.

Oak Street locally breaks the law that you can't sell Medicare plans or anything else on any part of their site that is used for patients being seeing for medical reasons. They flog mostly one company's plans locally with an agent present. They don't seem to care much about the law for anything.

Last edited:
Oak Street locally breaks the law that you can't sell Medicare plans or anything else on any part of their site that is used for patients being seeing for medical reasons. The flog mostly one company's plans locally with an agent present. They don't seem to care much about the law for anything.
They seem to have shot down the agent lead program leading up to the $60 million government fine. Which was technically a settlement with no admission of wrongdoing. Because innocent people pay $60 million …

Back