ObamaCare & P&C Agents

Kando

Have any P&C agents gotten involved with ObamaCare and if so what were the results? Do you have current clients ask you for help with ObamaCare since many business cards say, "Contact us for all your insurance needs." Thanks for any experiences that you care to share.

Kando,
I would not bother. Commissions have dropped across the board, several had dropped to 0%. At this point, it's more time and effort than it's worth, especially if you are doing p/c full time and just helping out with health insurance.

If it keeps going like it is now, there might not be any commissions left for 2017. I know in our area it is looking very slim.
Good luck.
R

I started taking the certification course but just stopped. The commissions were so little in NY it was like why bother, then taking on all the customer service and billing, claims issues I thought it might cost more to offer it than we would make. I was also concerned about E & O issues.

Once every few months some one does ask so I give them the 800 number for the state exchange and leave it at that.

Have any P&C agents gotten involved with ObamaCare and if so what were the results? Do you have current clients ask you for help with ObamaCare since many business cards say, "Contact us for all your insurance needs." Thanks for any experiences that you care to share.

@ $12 a month per app regardless of premium, waist of time!

The commission is $12 per month?!? Wtf? Is that individual or group?
That is individual... All my group friends say they are not making money on health either... They use health to get all the other group products in order to make $.... Health is DEAD thanks to the worst President in modern history.

Back