Offsite, HIPAA-compliant, Online Doc Storage

stuy119

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone host their documents in the cloud, with a HIPAA-compliant firm? If so, I would appreciate recommendations.

Google search shows several options.

Truth is, nothing is 100% safe and can be hacked. Anything transmitted online, especially via wifi, is vulnerable.

My son is a professional hacker. Paid by Ga Tech to protect their sites and try to hack in to discover weaknesses. If anyone can get "secure" info, it is him.

Truth is, nothing is 100% safe and can be hacked. Anything transmitted online, especially via wifi, is vulnerable.

My son is a professional hacker. Paid by Ga Tech to protect their sites and try to hack in to discover weaknesses. If anyone can get "secure" info, it is him.

how much is his retainer fee?

how much is his retainer fee?

Well, if you have to ask . . .

Seriously, I have difficulty getting him to find time to help me and we are related. He works long hours and don't even ask about his work. The first 2 minutes are fine but then he goes off talking about things no one but him and other geeks can understand and appreciate.

He knows code as well as anyone and can hack anything but knows almost nothing about SEO or design.

With two or three months of serious study and trial and error with the various tools out there (most free) most of you can learn how to break into networks, especially university systems and small office systems because both are notoriously poorly protected.

Getting into a well-run server farm (like a Pair or Dreamhost, or Hurricane, etc.) is a cat of a different stripe. And getting into a bank or a military system takes a lot of know-how... abilities you just can't pick up in 90 days.

The "lesson" is to encrypt anything important (ssn$, credit card info, etc.) Hackers are great at climbing in the window but they often don't know the good jewelry from the bad and don't know how to open the jewel box.

If you are not going to encrypt stuff, then at least obfuscate it. Say you want to keep an SSN of a client on your database. Create your own cipher and embed some data that only you would know... 456567653 might be A4xU3B5v-qb+6 where the letters equal numbers and the numbers equal OTHER numbers... you assign them... where qb means the jersey-number of your favorite team quarterback and the +6 means add "6" to it to find the final digit.

Homemade ciphers are very effective. The hackers have tools that can break the codes assigned by the available encryption programs out there. Oh... YOU have to remember the cipher so you can decode it when necessary... that's the hard part!!

What's sad is that I did a search and found nothing. Changed your search slightly and found something, when I found nothing with the same terms before. &#*$

Back