Ohio National, a big variable annuity provider, exits the annuity business

Please list all the companies that sell chronic illness riders that have dollar per dollar reductions.

Go ask your upline. I can think of at least 6 A rated carriers just off the top of my head.

It's not a hard thing to find if you actually want to. There are plenty of discussions on the forum about some of the main players.

If you actually wanted to have a professional and mature discussion, you would not act the way you do towards others. You want to push an agenda that supports the marketing articles that you publish. That might work with consumers, but not experienced agents.

Last edited:
That's what I figured.

Everyone else around here knows who they are. We all have had conversations about them many times. But somehow you dont? Do your own homework.

Btw, the illustrations show how a hypothetical claim affects the policy. Nothing is hidden these days. The numbers are right there on paper friend. Go run some illustrations, that is the only way to truly learn the products.

Everyone else around here knows who they are. We all have had conversations about them many times. But somehow you dont? Do your own homework.

Btw, the illustrations show how a hypothetical claim affects the policy. Nothing is hidden these days. The numbers are right there on paper friend. Go run some illustrations, that is the only way to truly learn the products.

I was hoping we could be friends.

Please list all the companies that sell chronic illness riders that have dollar per dollar reductions.

you go first with all the ones that don't while I work on the list that does.

Also, in your "batting 1000" of perfect plans installed for clients, are you telling me all policies you sell are for stand alone LTC with Lifetime benefit, compound inflation, 0 elimination, 100% home health, 100% return of premium, notification of lapse to a 3rd party, etc?

Just asking because you state that using a hybrid with either a ADB CI rider or a combo Life/LTC or Annuity/LTC is not a plan at all for the 160,000 people per year that bought the hybrids. Unless you are selling perfect world max coverage, then your sold policies are not "a plan" either as they don't cover every risk the insured faces.

you go first with all the ones that don't while I work on the list that does.

Also, in your "batting 1000" of perfect plans installed for clients, are you telling me all policies you sell are for stand alone LTC with Lifetime benefit, compound inflation, 0 elimination, 100% home health, 100% return of premium, notification of lapse to a 3rd party, etc?

Just asking because you state that using a hybrid with either a ADB CI rider or a combo Life/LTC or Annuity/LTC is not a plan at all for the 160,000 people per year that bought the hybrids. Unless you are selling perfect world max coverage, then your sold policies are not "a plan" either as they don't cover every risk the insured faces.

...and the cognitive dissonance hits new heights.

Most chronic illness riders work the way I described. There are only a handful that do not work that way.

Seems to me that a good independent insurance adviser can select the very best handful of chronic illness riders that work well; just like a good insurance agent can select the handful of traditional LTC policies that work well; or the handful of linked benefit LTC policies ...AKA hybrids! ;) that work well.

Back