old debit dog

Jan 9, 2019

1. shonceman

shonceman Guru

State:
    Texas
    I'm glad to be of any assistance I can. PM me after you get enough posts to allow it. (I think you have to have 20.) Reply to this post if you have any trouble and I'll pm you.

2. jonathan b

jonathan b Expert

State:
    Texas
    I'm in north houston. 10 minutes from lincoln heritage. Talked to them but heard negative things about them. Friend of a friend i know bo works out of ohio and tells me he is making hand over fist.I have set up doing some business through a broker and not sure which way I should go. I had stroke 4 years ago but tired of sitting at home.

3. HomeService

HomeService Guru

State:
    Texas
    I am an old debit dog too.

4. Life Hawk

Life Hawk Guru

State:
    Illinois
    Glad to see you want to get up and get going...:yes:

You've got life still in you and doing something like this is has an important impact on the lives around you... go for it... fail forward... move on!:)

5. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Guru

State:
    California
    Hey man, you have a wealth of knowledge in you. Knowledge that can not be bought or taught. Yeah OK, you are a wounded dog. I hang out with a lot of old wounded dogs. We may be one eyed snaggle tooth old dogs but we still have some bite in us. One of my best buds is an overweight, cane using severe neuropathy Vietnam Purple Heart combat medic. That tough old sob will bite.

All of that to say this. There are many of us old guys out there doing it. It is what we do. Age and ailments are just something to step or climb over. You have more prospecting knowledge alone than many. What know about sitting in front of different people is instinct or muscle memory after 30 years. The difference for you now is not having a team or group. Lone Wolfing is different for sure. For many the coffee shop or bar has been replaced by the internet groups, chats, and forums like this. Find someone local or that has a team or agent near you.

I am not an FE guy so these other guys can certainly help more than I can. But if I can, reach out. I'd love to pick your brain.

Just drove 2 hrs each way for one F2F FE meeting. In my sweats washing down Tylenol with a Cabinet. Just a frail old man.

Lee

6. gravi8729

gravi8729 Expert

State:
    Florida
    Thanks, Thank you so much.

7. Life Hawk

Life Hawk Guru

State:
    Illinois
    You are starting to sound like you are in telesales...:yes:

Cabinet...:huh:

8. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Guru

State:
    California
    Definitely would have preferred to just do it by phone. However, sometimes I find it better to meet. This worked out pretty well. Nice drive, nice guy I expect this is the start of a long referral / client thread.

Ha, yeah I needed all the cabernet in the cabinet.