Online App to Policy Issued less than 36 hours......

Zydo

Expert
Assurant just keeps getting better and better. That is the quickest I have had a policy issued.

Zydo said:
Assurant just keeps getting better and better. That is the quickest I have had a policy issued.

61 male.....Unicare....20 min's.......

And it's all fantastic until claims review. Just make sure you're taking care of your client by logging in all pre-ex conditions. Remember - the real underwriting takes place at the claim.

John, you are right about that.

It is amazing how much more effecient Assurant has become with their online system versus the old days of paper apps.

But then, I've always been satisfied with Fortis.....even back to the days when they were in the LTC market. I wrote a bunch of LTC with them as well as the underage market.

Sti's 20 minutes might give me pause for concern......lol....just kidding...we all know you know your stuff.

Lol. It's amazing what they've implemented in the last three years. Pay was every other week, mailed check. They only had paper app and tele-app and in MD underwriting took at least two to three weeks. I had perfectly clean deals waiting a week just to get reviewed. They basically had one plan to sell in MD - Physican Hospital. Now I have four "sell-able" plans including the HSA.

I like the ability to add or remove the copay, the 100%, 80%, 70% or 50% coinsurance options. Deductibles run from $500 to $25,000 and everywhere in-between. 24 mo. to 36 mo. rate locks - they allow supp apps and have an entire dep't that calls you client at renewal and goes over their options.

Now it's weekly bank draft and EASE apps. My clean cases are issued in under 24 hours and my cases with pre-ex conditions are issued within a week.

Now clients don't have to sign riders or CDSs - they can be accepted verbally by the client calling a special number.

They're the only company that gives the agent a fixed web address where clients can see rates and plans. With all the business I've written with them, which is significant, I've had a lot of clients file major claims. They have been flawless with claims. I've had about 5 policies rescinded and in each case there was a material and blatant misrepresentation on the app made by the client. My family has filed claims and we don't hear a peep out of 'em - claims is simply paid.

We just received pre-authorization with Assurant since my son needs to go to a hospital for general anesthesia for a dental procedure. Even though the procedure is dental (which is not covered except in the case of dental injury - which this isn't) they're still authorizing the hospital charges.

TPC is priceless. I get a decent amount of decisions revised and my sales assistant is extremely helpful.

It's a shame they're not competive in that many states.

That's the truth. Assurant is $100+ more than either of the Blues and $150 more than Aetna in California on all of their plans. It makes for a hard sell. People here are internet savvy.. they know how to go to the web to find insurance rates.

And out here, people HATE insurance carriers. It's all about price, not the perceived concept of service... since everyone in CA believes in their heart of hearts that the carriers are out to screw them.

Don't come here to sell health insurance. The climate is not conducive.

Al

And agents write business everyday in California....... at least some of them do.

al3 said:

That's the truth. Assurant is $100+ more than either of the Blues and $150 more than Aetna in California on all of their plans. It makes for a hard sell. People here are internet savvy.. they know how to go to the web to find insurance rates.

And out here, people HATE insurance carriers. It's all about price, not the perceived concept of service... since everyone in CA believes in their heart of hearts that the carriers are out to screw them.

Don't come here to sell health insurance. The climate is not conducive.

Al

Yet they all basically need to have it so the question is are they getting it from you or are they getting it from another agent.

I sent my assignment paperwork to Assurant last Friday. Agent appointment by Tuesday, Wrote 1st app on Thursday and sent in through EASE. App was approved in under 24 hrs. Was told I would see commission deposit this comming Wednesday. Wow, never knew life, or I should say, health, could be this good.

Back