Onto WL now, How much DB for 10k?

This is again going into an attack mode. I don't know if I would select my attorneys or engineers that way BUT I would certainly select my "Real Estate Agents" that way and hey! so far it has worked for me in my real estate dealings

I know what would happen if I treated my RE agent as an advisor, lol! She would give the seller more than they asked for. lol lol

You were too busy being offended, and totally missed the key point I made in my post.

The process. An expert in WL or IUL uses an advisory process that focuses on education about the product in general. They dont pitch an individual product and they dont gloss over the facts. They lead you through a process that not only answers all of your questions, but also allows you to make the best educated decision possible. They show you comparisons of not only policy design, but the top carriers. They evaluate the various products in relation to your needs and situation. They bring up issues or provide info that you had no clue even existed.

There is a very big difference between real estate and insurance. There are no arbitrary prices in insurance. You are dealing with hard numbers that can easily be compared. Anything an agent tells you is able to be validated (or invalidated) on paper. If an agent tells you a policy is right at the MEC limit, that is provable on paper. If an agent tells you one carriers has lower expenses than another, that is provable on paper (with IUL).

It is a very different paradigm than real estate.

No one blames you for wanting to educate yourself as much as possible. But at some point, that has to be your advisors job. That is if you want a sound policy. I have seen poeple, very smart and successful people, lose hundreds of thousands because they "did it themselves" with IUL or WL. Usually because they didnt know what they didnt know, and they had an order taker as an agent.

Last edited:
Smart engineers and attorneys depend upon their insurance agents for their insurance advice.. They don't try to wing it on their own..

Yep. They are smart enough to find a true expert whom they can trust. That takes a lot less of their valuable time vs. learning a career's worth of insurance knowledge.

Last edited:
Yep. They are smart enough to find a true expert whom they can trust. That takes a lot less of their valuable time vs. learning a career's worth of insurance knowledge.

I can say a bunch of things here but am going to refrain from it.Looks like you have a knack for bringing out the worst in people. You seem to have some sort psychological need to prove you are on par with Engineers, Attorneys and other professionals and I am not gonna take the other side for you. You said you are not going to answer any of my posts before? What made you change your mind? This shows your neediness.
If you have any technical things to say, by all means. Otherwise, I am not gonna reply directly to you anymore.

I can say a bunch of things here but am going to refrain from it.Looks like you have a knack for bringing out the worst in people. You seem to have some sort psychological need to prove you are on par with Engineers, Attorneys and other professionals and I am not gonna take the other side for you. You said you are not going to answer any of my posts before? What made you change your mind? This shows your neediness.
If you have any technical things to say, by all means. Otherwise, I am not gonna reply directly to you anymore.

You have shown what kind of person you are multiple times on here. I asked a question, and you fly off the handle.

You dont trust insurance agents, and all insurance agents are out to screw you. Yet you want us to give you free info. And then you disparage us in the process.

You will find an agent to do what you say. Im sure plenty of them have already PMd you. But they will not be a true expert in IUL or WL.

And if you spend a few years reading the forum, you might eventually know enough to design a proper policy. But most likely, you will screw yourself like so many others who thought they knew better than the evil insurance agents.

And no, I am not on par with an attorney of an engineer. I dont know how to litigate, and I dont know advanced math or science. I just educate people like that on insurance and retirement.

Last edited:
You have shown what kind of person you are multiple times on here. I asked a question, and you fly off the handle.

You dont trust insurance agents, and all insurance agents are out to screw you. Yet you want us to give you free info. And then you disparage us in the process.

You will find an agent to do what you say. Im sure plenty of them have already PMd you. But they will not be a true expert in IUL or WL.

And if you spend a few years reading the forum, you might eventually know enough to design a proper policy. But most likely, you will screw yourself like so many others who thought they knew better than the evil insurance agents.

And no, I am not on par with an attorney of an engineer. I dont know how to litigate, and I dont know advanced math or science. I just educate people like that on insurance and retirement.
Trust insurance agents? Why should I? Do you trust your doctor and never take a second opinion? You never google your medical condition and just go with what your doc says? When we do business, we do our due diligence. What you say makes no sense.I will learn enough about life insurance and engage my "advisor" at a higher level. That's what made me what I am today.

What you do and went through probably is what made you what you are today. Would you accept if I told you otherwise? Why do you expect me leave my years of experience which made me a self made millionaire and suddenly trust my advisor without even bothering to learn basic terminology? I am sorry that's not a good advice, not for me, not for anybody.

Most of them PMed me? Didn't you PM me? Didn't you send me an illustration? You thought I would fall all over for your expertise and that didn't happen. So, now you do this? No, You have shown what kind of person you are! For all to see!

What did you say? You want us to give you free advice? You speak for everybody? Huh, Gary? He speaks for everybody?
Man, You act like a mob leader who controls all agents on this forum.

Teaching and sharing is what makes knowledge grow. I mentor lot of investors in my community. I don't think why should I give free advice. Maybe, that's why I am where I am and you ....

It's "Give and you shall receive" and Not "buy from me and you shall receive."

Last edited:
Most of them PMed me? Didn't you PM me? Didn't you send me an illustration? You thought I would fall all over for your expertise and that didn't happen. So, now you do this? No, You have shown what kind of person you are! For all to see!

No, I certainly did not PM you or send you any illustrations.

In the IUL forum, I actually made a point of saying I had no intention of trying to sell you a policy. I wasnt kidding

It was clear very quickly from your very first thread that you are not the kind of client I would take on. But I did attempt to give you and the forum some correct info, since you constantly made incorrect statements about IUL, and taxation of life insurance.

Every interaction we have ever had has been public. Unless you have an alter ego on this forum... and that means you contacted me.

Last edited:
No, I certainly did not PM you or send you any illustrations.

In the IUL forum, I actually made a point of saying I had no intention of trying to sell you a policy. I wasnt kidding

It was clear very quickly from your very first thread that you are not the kind of client I would take on. But I did attempt to give you and the forum some correct info, since you constantly made incorrect statements about IUL, and taxation of life insurance.

Every interaction we have ever had has been public. Unless you have an alter ego on this forum... and that means you contacted me.

Lies, deceits... I can post your email to me right here now but I know what my attorney would say.

Can you give an example? How much DB to start with 10K premium?

Here is a simpler way to handle this... a lot of people have done this before. Go to an agent locally .. tell them what you're looking for in a WL .. .and even if you don't trust agents .. you can ask questions on the forum.

Despite your back and forth with some of us in here,, you got a lot of valuable information.. and it's always good to have a thread like this that people can look through in the future.

Last year we discussed in this frorum a WL for a person who was not an agent and the discussion ended in the same.

I ask, Why give advice to a future client about something that is not easy to digest for us professionals in this industry ?.

What is the age of the Lord?

My dear js44, Since you put it on the table, I am an Engineer and also a Commercial Realtor, and I am very proud to be a Life Insurance Agent, and since you do not consider us necessary because you will learn enough to give instructions to your future agent, Here is the answer to your question read it carefully and try to understand well and make no mistake because you will lose money using a vehicle like the WL without the necessary knowledge ..

http://swanwealth.com/pdf/10-Pay_Full_2016.pdf

Back