Opinion on GMAC Insurance

RogueRafter

Oregon
We just switched from Progressive (who I wouldn`t recommend to ANYONE) to GMAC Insurance. They gave us an amazing deal. Liability protection on a 1978 Motorhome and a 1986 Toronado and Full Coverage on a 2000 Solara with 1,000 deductible for $300 total per six months.. Just curious as to if anyone else had experiences with GMAC?

We just switched from Progressive (who I wouldn`t recommend to ANYONE) to GMAC Insurance. They gave us an amazing deal. Liability protection on a 1978 Motorhome and a 1986 Toronado and Full Coverage on a 2000 Solara with 1,000 deductible for $300 total per six months.. Just curious as to if anyone else had experiences with GMAC?

They are good here in NC as well. They specialize in vehicles and toys for people so I am not surprised that you got a low rate.

I insured a guy's 30 year old classic porsche for less than 200/year, with a guaranteed value over 20k. So it does happen, you just have to find the right market for those odds and ends. I forgot to mention that it was with Hagerty. However, things happen like that happen when you find the right market for your stuff.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that. We have a pretty different combination of vehicles. 1978 Barth Motorhome and a 1986 Oldsmobile Toronado... Hard to find parts for, but they are still awesome vehicles.

Rogue, just make sure you are eyeballing the renewal premium over the next year or so. GMAC just came back into oregon with a new "rock bottom rate" and it looks like it will be very, very difficult for them to maintain the low rate.

I wager loss ratio issues soon and 12-18 months down the road they are having rate increase after rate increase and finally a moratorium. Just like they did before

Rogue, just make sure you are eyeballing the renewal premium over the next year or so. GMAC just came back into oregon with a new "rock bottom rate" and it looks like it will be very, very difficult for them to maintain the low rate.

I wager loss ratio issues soon and 12-18 months down the road they are having rate increase after rate increase and finally a moratorium. Just like they did before

I will keep an eye on that. Thanks for the heads up.

Back