Opportunity to Sell an Annuity

Find someone who knows what they are doing. This ain't term life or health... A poor recommendation on your part can put you in jeopardy.

The best decision you could make especially if you are not dealing with annuities on a regular basis is to find someone who does and split the business with them. The last thing you want to do is make a decision on an investment that is not suitable for your client.

I love Aviva.

Only because that is what Senior Solutions is pushing right now.............Last year it was the Lincoln OPti Point. SS is being investigated right now because of their presentation with the Aviva product.:1baffled:

I like AVIVA and have sold a great deal of their products. But they are not the "go too" company all the time. Let me ask you this; What company would you offer if your client wanted a 3 yr CD Annuity?
</IMG>

Only because that is what Senior Solutions is pushing right now.............Last year it was the Lincoln OPti Point. SS is being investigated right now because of their presentation with the Aviva product.:1baffled:

I like AVIVA and have sold a great deal of their products. But they are not the "go too" company all the time. Let me ask you this; What company would you offer if your client wanted a 3 yr CD Annuity?
</IMG>
Well I like them because of the bonus. Is there an article that you know of with them getting investigated that I can read? I don't want to push it if it is getting people in trouble.

Well I like them because of the bonus. Is there an article that you know of with them getting investigated that I can read? I don't want to push it if it is getting people in trouble.

There are many great companies that pay a bonus. I should have specified SS is being investigated here in Arkansas for unethical annuity presentations and the way they present that Aviva Product. There is nothing wrong with the Aviva product as long as it is explained correctly. There is not an article as it is an ongoing investigation, and maybe nothing will come of it. I have been in a many of houses after a SS rep has been there and sold the Aviva product, and lets just say the client did not understand what they were buying. They did not realize that the 7.2% was only guaranteed on the income side, and that the death benefit is paid out on the accumulation side. The accumulation side accumulates interest based on the crediting method you select; The accumulation bucket does not participate in the guaranteed 7.2%. These are just a couple of points that I have found that have not been explained that make a big difference.

Oh ok I understand now. I though that Aviva was getting investigated. I was searching all over the internet. Hopefully those agents get in trouble for not doing their job. Those are the people who give the rest of us a bad name.

I recently stumbled upon a potential client who wants to buy an annuity. What companies are easiest to work with when sending him proposals, literature, etc...I have little to no experience with annuities, but am 6 and 63 licensed. Any ideas on the best annuity companies to offer who can provide me the best support and the client the best guaranteed rates? Is there usually a sure bet with say the top one two or three annuity companies? I know this question is very open ended but any help is greatly appreciated.

Every annuity has a hole in it somewhere. What you really need to do is determine what this client is trying to accomplish. Once you determine that then you determine the annuity that best fits the clients need. If you want a fact finder and some good open ended questions to ask your client let me know I can get some of the ones from a few of my agents and pass them your way. Do you have a good marketer? They should have some illustrations or client summary presentations that they put together for you. Product Summary, Product Benefit, historical interest illustrations, etc....

It is always good to get advice from an experienced agent or marketers (especially if they have been out in the field and walked your shoes), but shop the agent/marketer as well to make sure they are client driven.

In addition, it could benefit you to partner up on the sale with an agent as well. I guess it also depends on the relationship you have with this client.

Good luck..

I hope this helps.

Oh ok I understand now. I though that Aviva was getting investigated. I was searching all over the internet. Hopefully those agents get in trouble for not doing their job. Those are the people who give the rest of us a bad name.

I totally agree with you.

Back