Original Medicare

Ok Rick, it goes like this...the patient goes to a doctor who does not accept medicare assignment. But if the doctor treats that patient and the patient presents their little red, white and blue medicare card as form of insurance payment then, yes, the doctor who accepts that card is then bound by the rules. He still doesn't have to accept medicare assignment, but he has a limit! Call your local doctor and find out if you think I'm wrong. Call medicare if you think I'm wrong. Call Frank if you think I'm wrong. Call anybody, but make sure you call someone who actually knows. I know you probably won't call anyone, but obviously you won't take my word for it, just thought you might be open to someone else.

If it's true that docs are starting to leave the medicare system, then it's plan F back to the rescue!

Here's what you said man. And, thats why your wrong. If a Dr. leaves, and I quote, "the medicare system" then a med sup wont matter.

You cant make a Dr. accept medicare.

Ok Rick, it goes like this...the patient goes to a doctor who does not accept medicare assignment. But if the doctor treats that patient and the patient presents their little red, white and blue medicare card as form of insurance payment then, yes, the doctor who accepts that card is then bound by the rules. He still doesn't have to accept medicare assignment, but he has a limit! Call your local doctor and find out if you think I'm wrong. Call medicare if you think I'm wrong. Call Frank if you think I'm wrong. Call anybody, but make sure you call someone who actually knows. I know you probably won't call anyone, but obviously you won't take my word for it, just thought you might be open to someone else.

Okay, let me ask you a few questions. If a doctor is not in the medicare system, how can he bill medicare? If he can't bill medicare, how is he bound by the rules on assignment? If medicare doesn't pay, how the hell does the supplement pay?

Also, do you notice it's not just me saying you are wrong but other agents as well?

So many questions! Don't get mad. Get the correct information. We're just trying to keep you from giving the wrong information to your clients.

Rick

Here's what you said man. And, thats why your wrong. If a Dr. leaves, and I quote, "the medicare system" then a med sup wont matter.

You cant make a Dr. accept medicare.

Just because a doc doesn't accept medicare assignment doesn't mean the medicare recipient can't see that doctor. But if the doctor sees that patient knowing they are in medicare he is still bound by the rules.
Just go and read page 35 of the "Medicare and You" book.
If you don't have one, download it from Medicare.gov.

Just because a doc doesn't accept medicare assignment doesn't mean the medicare recipient can't see that doctor. But if the doctor sees that patient knowing they are in medicare he is still bound by the rules.
Just go and read page 35 of the "Medicare and You" book.
If you don't have one, download it from Medicare.gov.

Dude, seriously, you said "medicare system" not "medicare assignment". There is a difference. You said "medicare system".

If a doc left the medicare system, they wouldnt even accept the patient, and thats why a Plan F doesnt mean anything.

Get it yet?

Okay, let me ask you a few questions. If a doctor is not in the medicare system, how can he bill medicare? If he can't bill medicare, how is he bound by the rules on assignment? If medicare doesn't pay, how the hell does the supplement pay?

Also, do you notice it's not just me saying you are wrong but other agents as well?

So many questions! Don't get mad. Get the correct information. We're just trying to keep you from giving the wrong information to your clients.

Rick
There is a form that he/office fills out and bills medicare.
Looks like I might be showing you how to not give clients the wrong info. I can't believe with so many years in the business you're having trouble understanding this. Not a dig at you, I just find it hard to believe that you don't know these things!

Dude, seriously, you said "medicare system" not "medicare assignment". There is a difference. You said "medicare system".

If a doc left the medicare system, they wouldnt even accept the patient, and thats why a Plan F doesnt mean anything.

Get it yet?

Ok, I see what you're saying there, but when I said 'system' I meant that he wouldn't be accepting assignment anymore, therefore he's not in the "system". It is an assumption on your part that just because he doesn't accept medicare assignment that he will not see medicare patients. However, if he does see that patient, then he has to abide by the rules.

Ok, I see what you're saying there, but when I said 'system' I meant that he wouldn't be accepting assignment anymore, therefore he's not in the "system". It is an assumption on your part that just because he doesn't accept medicare assignment that he will not see medicare patients. However, if he does see that patient, then he has to abide by the rules.

I didnt assume anything. I read what you said. And you said if a Doc left "the medicare system" then a plan F would be the best option for a client. I (along with Rick) was simply pointing out that a med sup would not work if the doc left the medicare system. If you meant medicare assignment then thats one thing, but you said medicare system.

Two different things.

Andwhat do you think "leaving the system" is? It's simply NOT accepting medicare assignment! Now, after the doc has 'left the system' or doesn't 'accept medicare assignment', the doc still has a choice as to whether to treat a medicare patient or not!

Andwhat do you think "leaving the system" is? It's simply NOT accepting medicare assignment! Now, after the doc has 'left the system' or doesn't 'accept medicare assignment', the doc still has a choice as to whether to treat a medicare patient or not!

Usually when I think someone leaves the Medicare System, it means they dont accept Medicare anymore.

Back