Out of State Marketing

Come walk around a mall in WI. The land of uninsurable

You must not have been to malls in GA.

Or flea markets . . .

more price competitive in MI.

I used to hold an OH non-res license. Rates are quite competitive there compared to GA.

But then I realized I needed to sell 2x as much to make the same as I make selling a GA fatty.

Chumps knows what I mean.

"Corn-fed", too much cheese/beer?

My guess is more of the latter. I've seen some crazy things happen in the "cheese head" state. Mainly in college when we would make the treck down to Madison for Halloween. A roommate of mine from college was originally from Green Bay (and yes, his dad really did work at a cheese factory!). When "the Pack" would play home games, his family would sit in the back of their pick-up truck in freezing tempertures drinking beer to just get the feel of being at Lambeau Field (by the way, the truck was parked in their driveway). Only in Wisonsin!

I think your best bet is to use the Internet to your advantage. Utilizing a company for telemarketing can prove successful, but I would avoid cold-calling if you can. Try creating a website for yourself and learn a little about Search Engine Optimization. For little cost you can get MI prospects to find you. Try offering email newsletters. Also, if you wrote some articles about what you're trying to do you can post them on the internet for no cost. This will bring you up in searches.

There is nothing wrong with soliciting business out of state. Why not just get a list of 500-1000 names yourself and telemarket MI and then use the stats to decide the next course of action.

The position that one is at a disadvantage because he or she is out of state is mainly an excuse for laziness, an inability to think outside the box or a fear of change.

Just do it and then work out the kinks as you go...

Back