Outlook with Gmail?

iiinycboi

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone still use outlook? I have gmail apps for my work email, but it seems like all AMS is design to work with outlook to attach emails to the policy??

Is outlook still the corporate standard?

Outlook is definitely still the corporate standard, but I think the tendency for most folks in business for themselves and/or small businesses is to use gmail/google docs/google apps.

As Josh stated Outlook is still the corporate standard. You can easily set up an imap client for your gmail to work in Outlook. You can also use POP if you prefer. This will also sync your Google calendar with your Outlook calendar.

As alexrinlin said it is the standard and most internet mail you try to respond to will try to use it and it was designed for office use so you can usually send bigger files and larger workloads using it. Also like he said, when you set it up it prompts you to set up the account and merge mail clients like Google with it. Plus you can have multiple email accounts filter in to one medium.

After using gmail for years, I just recently switched to Hotmail.

Yes, you can use gmail with Outlook. The IMAP process is rather slow when you send/receive and you would need another application to sync your google calendar with Outlook. Then you have to make sure your android phone syncs with the updated google calendar.

I've found that the Outlook Hotmail Connector does it all MUCH better and quicker. The Hotmail android app is also MUCH better on the android than the gmail app.

All in all, gmail is okay. But I'm happier using hotmail.

Back