New Gmail Slow to Load

And don't fool yourself into thinking data vendors like google and facebook have never been hacked and your data 'shared'.

I do use chrome incognito windows a lot. Mostly for software testing, but its also a decent way to browse for a present for your spouse without suddenly getting retargeting ads for those products all the time.

So, if you use incognito windows, use a VPN and don't log into any sites, you might be reasonably invisible. Of course, you quickly find the web doesn't function as well either.

Dan

Google and Facebook wouldn't even need to be the victims of some malicious leak for that to happen! Remember the Cambridge Analytica data scandal earlier this year? People started to realize, "hey I guess all this personal information I willingly published on the internet can be bought and sold like a hot commodity." They are precisely in the business of selling their mass of data, though in far less malevolent ways than we might expect...after all, they require you to agree with their stipulations before using their products. VolAgent has the right idea.

To address OP's concern. I am doubtful of a purposeful deprecation of existing products. Hundreds of millions of dollars of market research and software development means these tech giants know what their consumers want before they can provide the feedback. Is your gmail account behaving the same way across multiple devices?

I was shopping for tires, then I got ads for tires for a few weeks. I said "ah, ok, that makes sense"

I got an ad for burial insurance, which I thought was weird, then I realized I sent an email making some joke or reference to kicking the bucket. Ok, makes sense.

As you may or may not know, Siri and Alexa are always listening. I made a comment to my friend the other day about Motley Fool Stock Advisor. Then I saw an ad for them on YouTube. Ok

Then, I was watching youtube, and started seeing ads over and over again for antipsychotic medications and treatment. That got me a little concerned.

Then I started getting ads for glitter kits and toys for little kids (I am a 38 yr old male that dirtbikes and 4 wheels). Now I don't know what the hell to think.

Back