P&C Agent needs recommendations for personal disability insurance please

Strategy101

Expert
Hello All,

I am embarking on a journey as a self-employed person which is very new to me. Up until last year, I have always been employed by large corporations so I haven't had to worry about disability or medical insurance as it was always provided through my employers. Now that I am starting a p&c agency, I am concerned about my income if something were to happen to me, I would love if y'all could give me some recommendations for companies with the best rates for a self-employed person who has no health issues.

I recall the disability plans through my previous employers was about 60% of my annual salary. How will my current salary be determined for purposes of calculating my monthly benefit amount if I am newly self-employed and do not have an income history?

Thank you

As a P&C broker you may be able to write yourself and save some expense.
Try a national IDI MGA like Disability Insurance Services. An independent MGA will help you choose from many carriers and get the best coverage for your budget.

Hello All,

I am embarking on a journey as a self-employed person which is very new to me. Up until last year, I have always been employed by large corporations so I haven't had to worry about disability or medical insurance as it was always provided through my employers. Now that I am starting a p&c agency, I am concerned about my income if something were to happen to me, I would love if y'all could give me some recommendations for companies with the best rates for a self-employed person who has no health issues.

I recall the disability plans through my previous employers was about 60% of my annual salary. How will my current salary be determined for purposes of calculating my monthly benefit amount if I am newly self-employed and do not have an income history?

Thank you

Assurity is my go to. You can customize practically everything about it. However you need to be in business for a bit longer if you're self employed. You do however get a boost to the amount they will insure your for by 10% for being a business owner.

Back