Paper or Plastic

rmhaire

Guru
1000 Post Club
Got a call today from a telemarketer named Amy. She was calling about my Medicare card and she spoke downtown Bangladesh.

Amy: I'm calling to find out if your Medicare card is paper or plastic.
Me: Hell if I know.
Amy: Sir, the new cards are plastic and the old ones are paper. I need to know if yours is paper or plastic.
Me: Hell if I know.
Amy: Can you go and get your card.
Me: No. My agent has it.
Amy: Sir, you need to have a copy of your own card.
Me: I do
Amy: I thought you said your agent had it.
Me: He does.
Amy: I just need to know if your card is paper or plastic.
Me: I'm pretty sure mine is styrofoam.
No more Amy.

How are these TM companies making any money? A blind monkey could do a better job.

Eerie similar to a call my parents got a month ago. Indian accent called and asked if they “got the new updated medicare cards”. Number was spoofed to medicare phone number. He then said “oh wow, so you didn’t get them yet, you should have received them. Ok, can you verify your medicare number so I can get these updated cards sent to you”. I told her to have HIM read the numbers off. Obviously he “didn’t have that information and need you to verify for me”.

Just had another one. Some dude from Pakistan or India wanting to know if I'd received my new Medicare card in the past two weeks. When I said no, here's what he said:

You should be receiving your new card any day now with new features and benefits at no cost to you.

I've heard a lot of different opening lines from Medicare telemarketers but this is a new one.

Back