Part B LEP's for under 65 disability?

JStar1

I am speaking to a disabled 63 year old who has been on Part A since 1997. She deferred part B to go on her husband's creditable group plan/s. A few of the companies he's worked for since 1997 have closed and she is having a hard time proving coverage for 10 or more of those years.

1. Is there an LEP for part B (or D) in under 65?
2. Even if she is penalized now, does that penalty go away when she turns 65 in her own IEP.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

I am speaking to a disabled 63 year old who has been on Part A since 1997. She deferred part B to go on her husband's creditable group plan/s. A few of the companies he's worked for since 1997 have closed and she is having a hard time proving coverage for 10 or more of those years.

1. Is there an LEP for part B (or D) in under 65?
2. Even if she is penalized now, does that penalty go away when she turns 65 in her own IEP.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.
Caveat, I am not an agent.

The following shows some acceptable evidence alternatives if one cannot get an employer signature on Part B application paper work.

If she can’t prove having creditable coverage from when she turned 65, she will not be able to get her part B until the herbal enrollment period from Jan to March 31. She will have a penalty on part B and also part D. She can call the insurance company she was on and they can send a letter showing creditable coverage. Not the employer but the insurance company. If she doesn’t know who that is, may want to look at taxes to see if she can locate tax statement showing coverage.

I'm beginning to like these new plans ... free Uber rides to the pot store.
Me too. Esp the ones that cover the little yellow peach gummies

Lately on FB I've been seeing psychedelics being sold online. Now that ones a little bit much. Wouldn't doubt though if eventually we see our seniors on that. Can you imagine? I bet the Dems are dosing Biden as we type.

As the world turns...

Back