When is the best time to switch someone

LD, you know I'm a fan.......but sometimes you're like a dog with a bone. :laugh:
One can only hope it's a beef bone and not a chicken bone.

(You might want to pick up a small box of microwave popcorn. I'm not quite done with the fraud stuff yet. Then .... well, I'm trying to decide whether or not to ask how a person living in Oz can sell Medicare 'cause I thought that was a US thing. And... A friend is curious about what travel insurance Dorothy gets.)

One can only hope it's a beef bone and not a chicken bone.

(You might want to pick up a small box of microwave popcorn. I'm not quite done with the fraud stuff yet. Then .... well, I'm trying to decide whether or not to ask how a person living in Oz can sell Medicare 'cause I thought that was a US thing. And... A friend is curious about what travel insurance Dorothy gets.)

Remote work is a thing? A lot of people don’t do face to face anymore and if you’re self-employed you don’t have to worry about an employer.. tax time will be a mess though.

Now almost 100 posts deep and the responses beg the question . . . When is the best time to switch someone . . . best for you (the agent) or best for the policyholder?

The answers are probably mutually exclusive . . .

Now almost 100 posts deep and the responses beg the question . . . When is the best time to switch someone . . . best for you (the agent) or best for the policyholder?

The answers are probably mutually exclusive . . .
Whatever is best for client.

Whatever is best for client.

My approach has always been, do what is best for the client and the money will follow. However I was shocked to see answers saying if you do it this way you will make more money . . . and never a hint of whether (weather for Don) the move was best for the client.

However I was shocked to see answers saying if you do it this way you will make more money . . .
C'mon dude, we both know that statement is bullshit. As long as you've been in the biz and this shocks you?

(I know you're attempting to throw shade but it does come across as self-serving and disingenuous. Just sayin'.)

I have been an agent for 12 years, but started my own agency about a year ago. Back in my wild west days I could less about the right time to switch someone who has an advantage plan. The scenario is this. I have a couple of leads that I can easily switch them from one company to another before AEP due to the disaster SEP. Would it be best to just wait until AEP, as far as retainment of client and commission? Or is it best to do it now and establish the relationship? I want to build this the right way. Thanks

What's the best deal for the lead/prospect/client? Do that

If you switch them now, you might have less work to do during AEP, which also sounds pretty good. Maybe you dont get the advance comp for the next year, but you still make the same amount, maybe a little more

I think LD is the person we have been waiting for to hold the carriers accountable. I mean why would someone come on here that isn’t an agent and have caveat’s if they weren’t trying to take down the carriers? This guy is obviously doing research to sue and hold them accountable.
So you are so afraid to fight your own battles to support your own profession and income that you need a Medicare Beneficiary to spend the last decade of their life and their social security income to do it for you?

Back