Part Time Agent

Mary's version of part time

Hey Mary, also I like how you are working part time. You set your own appointments and you go on 5-10/day. + drive time to the appointments. How exactly is that "part time" Just out of curiosity. And Mary, by the way I am finally selling med sup. Was supposed to get leads yesterday but maybe today.

Hey Arno

I apologize for not calling you --- i got your message but was unable to call you back -- i brought jim home from the hospital today -- his parents are here and -- i have to take them back to the airport on monday... -- all this driving time -- ill probably be able to call you back on my way back -- anyways

to your question about part time -- when i said that -- it was working 2 days a week -- anywhere from 5 to 10 appointments a day

it sounds like things are rough right now -- but you have to remember -- it can get great real fast :)
everyday is a new day -- think positive -- and remember when you are on the phone calling people -- smile -- you can hear a smile -- and have fun
that is the only way you can do this
if you arent having fun and enjoying what you are doing -- it wont work -- believe me i know!!!!!
jim has been on oxycodone for a year now -- now that this was hopefully the last back surgery -- he can get off of these drugs so i can calm down on the phone -- seniors can really tell when theres a problem --
maybe thats how i can relate to them i dont know -- seems they have all had back surgery or knows someone who has....

but hang in there and keep me updated -- if you need anything i will try my best to help out.

:)

I was in that situation a few years back. I got a full time "regular" job when I started to run out of money. I kept my insurance licenses, sold a couple of deals here and there, but I was not building up my book at all. I got laid off, jump back into insurance again, but I did it with a lot more knowledge.

So, I would say, no. Unless you have a full time job that allows the same flexibility that being a broker does, then maybe, depending on your knowledge.

I'm part time, but I get 15 days off a month. 13 yrs ago I was with Bankers Life and I told the manager I would sell as much as his full time agents...and I did. I did lots of home work, and stayed on the LTC, med sup and FE.
I also bought some Tom Hopkins tapes, and learned to close em like a pro!

Ask anyone who ever tried A.L.Williams or Primerica parttime. It's very, very hard to do insurance unless on a fulltime basis. If selling P/C you have to be available for customer service, unless your broker agrees to handle those phone calls for you.

Listen to this guys first few sentences!! (From the movie boiler room.) I worked with one of these guys at a call center-- amazing to sit next to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back