Paying for leads

G

Does it pay to buy leads? also was wondering about using appointment setters:GEEK: I am not lazy just having a hard time with cold calling.

Yes, it definitely pays to buy leads. Of course, there are so many tentacles to my answer that depend on (among other things):

* Your budget
*Your experience
*What type of business you are referring to
*Are you captive?

And on and on...

You may want to "search" under "leads" in this Forum. And maybe it's just a matter of fine tuning your cold calling. There are a lot of good tips in that subject.

You will find as many opinions as there are folks on this forum.

Paying for leads can work . . . or not.

I get an 8:1 return on leads but it took me a while to get to that level. Early on my return was 2 or 3 to 1.

In another life I paid to have appointments set. Worst appointments in the world. The appointment setters were on an incentive quota. They pushed too hard. Ended up wasting a lot of my time & money.

Cold calling sucks, but if you can't do it you may not be cut out for sales. Or at least not this kind of sale.

I hate cold calling but am very good when I work it. I finally decided it was more profitable for me to spend my time selling the product rather than selling the appointment.

I agree with Somarco. Focus on what makes you money. As much as your budget allows, hire someone to do everything else.

Mix and match. Buy leads but also cold call. Having some leads coming in will probably take the pressure off cold calling and make it more enjoyable for you.

Back