Paying for pre-set Appointments

Not sure if anyone else has used this service or not, but I use Vonage for my phone service. I have had absolutely no issues with it at all in regards to the phone calls. The only problem I have had is trying to fax with it... but I eliminated that by switching to efax. I pay $24.99/month and that includes unlimited long distance. Best deal out there, in my opinion!

The only catch with Vonage is that you have to have high speed internet to use it... but if someone already has that, and needs unlimited long distance phone service, Vonage is the way to go!

I think the telephone service is area specific. I use vonage in CT and they are horrible. Comcast in MD is a great, as if Verizon, but Comcast in select areas in PA and VA are horrible.

He will be cold calling off of consumer lists. I really dont want to pay him by the hour because I think that would limit him. If I tell him $25 an hour for 2 appts then that is probably all I will get.

Understood. I would focus more on the number of appts. you need in order to get a deal and use that formula (3 to 1, 4 to 1) as a way to gauge what you pay a marketer.

We plan on changing the pay after 4 weeks. He wants to start a telemarketing "business" so I thnk it will work out good. Hell who knows I might just end up hiring agents to run the verflow of appts. Thats the dream:D

I'm not sure, but unless he is licensed, paying him per sale may not be legal. I've never been real clear on this for staff, but since he's not staff, it would get even muddier.

His job isn't to sell, it's to set leads. Pay him for what you want him to do. Set quality controls on what a true lead is, and pay for leads that meet that level of quality.

I understand wanting to only pay for sales, it removes the risk to you, places it on him. If you have a lousy sales week, he doesn't get paid for his work, even though he may have had a great lead week. If I was the telemarketer, I'm not sure why I would spend time working and not know if I'm going to get paid, due to things out of my control.

Dan

Well you can always figure out a bonus $$$ after so many "qualified" leads are generated in a month. Yeah, a production bonus.
good luck

I'm not sure, but unless he is licensed, paying him per sale may not be legal. I've never been real clear on this for staff, but since he's not staff, it would get even muddier.

His job isn't to sell, it's to set leads. Pay him for what you want him to do. Set quality controls on what a true lead is, and pay for leads that meet that level of quality.

I understand wanting to only pay for sales, it removes the risk to you, places it on him. If you have a lousy sales week, he doesn't get paid for his work, even though he may have had a great lead week. If I was the telemarketer, I'm not sure why I would spend time working and not know if I'm going to get paid, due to things out of my control.

Dan

He will not be selling. He will be qualifying them by getting the company they are currently with and making sure they don't have health problems. Like I said before, we have used him in the past and he did awesome. He doesn't set very many appts that we dont sell.

Back