Paying for pre-set Appointments

I understand he won't be selling. I think there is a problem paying someone based solely on sales (albeit, bonuses for sales goals, profitability, etc, I think are okay). Anything that is perceived as splitting commissions will likely get you into trouble. Paying a telemarketer solely based on sales will probably cross this threshold. Now, in reality, he would have to complain for it to ever come up, but why risk it.

I would propose you pay a set fee per appointment, and then a 'bonus' for quality if the closing ratio is above a certain percentage. You would have to be clear on how closing ratio is measured, since if you close a lead 3 weeks later, how would it count????

In other words, you could probably do something like $15 per appointment set, with a $10 bonus per appointment if closing ratio is above 50% for appointments held that week. That would give him $25 a lead but only if the quality stayed high enough. It wouldn't be a commission split, since it is paid on all leads, not just those that are closed. It would protect you from lead quality decreasing.

I don't know if there is any perfect way of doing this. I've tried hiring telemarketers a few times, never with any success. I think it is very market driven, voice and tone driven, perceived confidence, etc. If you have someone who does well, I would find out how much they weigh, and pay them that in gold.

Dan

I talked with him today and he is saying $200 a week is great for now(holy cow!!) thats cheap if i get 10 appointments. I'll let you know what we decide and how it works out. I would never do this if I didnt already knw he was good. I couldn't imagine going through 50 people to get a good marketer.

I have run phone rooms of over 50 telemarketers and have about 12-15 callers working with me now.

Reading this post, i am baffled.

A guy has set you Super Great appts before, allowing you and your partner to earn ... and you're being a cheapskate? trying to pay him as little as possible?

Without trying to be "offensive" to telemarkters or agents, this is a common problem. Take care of the people that take care of you. A good phone agent is hard to find.

Paying their phone bill can make a Huge impression on them, $40 a month and you can make the guy Happy. Or listen to the "hey , it's the telemarketers business , let them pay it".

That $40 may have just cost you the Great leads you claimed the guy can set. Good telemarketers can work for Anyone. Send me his info, i'll pay his phone bill.

Back