Pet Insurance One of Hottest Employee Benefits in US

The reason I bought it is I'm married to an accountant with an extreme accountant mentality. (It doesn't matter how much you earn or have, you still don't spend a penny.) I knew if Regus got any health problems she would be quicker to want to pull the plug than I would. The policy is just a fight prevention tool.

Swiss Mountain dogs have common problems with hips and a high rate of cancer.

We've gotten where we love our Puppie Brothers and grand dogs more than we can stand some people.

Beautiful dog in that Av...

I wonder what the commission and renewals are like on these policies...

Crap. I know a benefits broker who offers it along with her normal benefits package. It is an afterthought for her. Basically just to say "yes, I can do that".
She just puts a packet of flyers out for employees. Then they fill out the form or call the 1800 number to enroll. No real work for the agent, but no real money either.

We've gotten where we love our Puppie Brothers and grand dogs more than we can stand some people.

Right there with you! I have a 13 yr old boy as well if it came to a choice between them it would be tough. Dog listens, doesn't talk back, doesn't make messes, all in all much better company and a hell of a lot cheaper. My mastiff has a VPI policy, $50 annual deductible, 90/10 reimbursement. Started it when she was a puppy for like $23 per month. She is 7 now and it is $33/mo. I look at it like any other insurance, as long as I have it I won't use it. As soon as I drop it she will get into something and come back with a $5K vet bill.

Latest posts

Back