Political Humor

I don't use words that I don't fully understand the meaning of prior to using them.

Just because you don't like the meaning doesn't mean I haven't taken the time to look at multiple sources from the right, left, and middle to form an objective understanding WHAT Christian Nationalism is and WHY it's against the idea of American values as I see them.

And my efforts to put context into meaning, for me, don't require you like what I rigorously backtest and question when new information becomes available to ensure that I have a reasonable understanding what I'm saying (or if I need to change what I am saying based on a perponderance of the information presented.)

Thanks for playing.

Last edited:

I don't use words that I don't fully understand the meaning of prior to using them.

Just because you don't like the meaning, doesn't mean I don't know what it objectively and factually means.

Thanks for playing.
It’s not that I don’t like the meaning. I just suspect that your definition is much more broad in who should be labeled as such. The Wiki definition you posted is not representative of most American Evangelicals or Catholics. Sure, there are actual Christian Nationalists. I just don’t know very many, and neither do you. In reality, it’s a relatively small contingent.

This imaginary Christian Nationalist threat is just the latest bogeyman invented on the left to stoke fear.

Besides, you’re all Marxists.

Last edited:
It’s not that I don’t like the meaning. I just suspect that your definition is much more broad than the actual definition, as used by actual Christian Nationalists, which is a relatively small contingent on the right.

This imaginary Christian Nationalist threat is just the latest bogeyman invented on the left to stoke fear.

Besides, you’re all Marxists.
Okay. So you're making assumptions based on absolutely nothing except your feelings.

30%, approximately, of the population either fully adhere, or are sympathetic to the ideas of Christian Nationalism.

10% are full on balls deep. That's not an insignificant number. It's 33 million people. To put that into perspective, that's about half of Trump's voter base in the 2020 election... which was the largest turnout for a sitting President in American history.

Fundamentally, the Christian Nationalist idea that the US driving governance should be highly influenced by Christian Supremacy invalidates the founding idea of a pluralist governance. All men and women are not fundamentally equal under our system under a Christian Nationalist standard... and the numbers are significant enough to be a difference maker in elections at the local and state level, much less federally.

If you do not think that's a significant threat to democracy, you have the right to that opinion. With the evidence on hand, I respectfully disagree.

Last edited:
Okay. So you're making assumptions based on absolutely nothing except your feelings.

30%, approximately, of the population either fully adhere, or are sympathetic to the ideas of Christian Nationalism.

10% are full on balls deep. That's not an insignificant number. It's 33 million people
Sorry, I was editing my post a little while you were responding. You may want to give it another look, although I didn’t change it much.

I’m not familiar with your source for those stats. But you know as well as I that in the current environment statistics are easily manipulated.

But ok, let’s go with those. So 70% don’t agree at all with CN ideas? That’s a sizable majority. Why would you feel threatened?

Last edited:
Sorry, I was editing my post a little while you were responding. You may want to give it another look, although I didn’t change it much.

I don’t know your source for those stats. But you know as well as I that in the current environment statistics are easily manipulated.

But ok, let’s go with those. So 70% don’t agree at all with CN ideas? That’s a sizable majority. Why would you feel threatened?
I also edited my post to add more context.

Most federal elections are not nationwide elections. They're local and state elections. In elections where voter turnout is low, a centralized ideology that is fundamental to their core belief system is a threat to the majority... as they're turning out EVERY time... and most moderates, which is the largest group in the US, just want to live their lives and vote when they absolutely see threats or are highly passionate.

That's not an argument that everyone should vote every time or not.. it's just the reality of human nature.

and most moderates, which is the largest group in the US, just want to live their lives and vote when they absolutely see threats or are highly passionate.
Without knowing it, you just described what's wrong with America.

The Bible tells us to vote with Christian convictions.
The Bible tells us that our destiny is directly tied to the nation of Israel.
The Bible tells us that abortion is murder.

Need more?

You vote for your happy feel-good reasons and I'll vote for my children and grand children's future.

Back