Political Humor

believe that the US should have Christianity as an official state religion.
I know numerous Christians of various stripes in many different parts of the country. Nobody I know believes that there should be a national religion. It’s actually part of Evangelical DNA to be against a state religion. Conservatives, Christian or otherwise, are known for being strict Constitutionalists according to framers’ intent. And the constitution clearly prohibits it. I’ll bet you don’t personally know anybody who’s actually in favor of a national religion, either.

Last edited:
I know numerous Christians of various stripes in many different parts of the country. Nobody I know believes that there should be a national religion. It’s actually part of Evangelical DNA to be against a state religion. Conservatives, Christian or otherwise, are known for being strict Constitutionalist according to framers’ intent. And the constitution clearly prohibits it. I’ll bet you don’t personally know anybody who actually believes that, either.
To put things into perspective in numbers:
68% of Americans identify as Christian.
48% identify as or lean Republican.

10% Are Christian Nationalists
18% Sympathize with some of Christian Nationalism ideology.

So, your argument that most Christians and Conservatives don't support a State Religion falls in line with those stats.

It also doesn't negate what I said either.

Two things can be true at once.

"The Church is supposed to direct the state." -Lauren Boebart

"I'm being attacked by the godless left because I said I was a proud Christian Nationalist..." Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Yes, I do personally know at least two people that fundamentally believe there is no separation between Church and State... and one person who specifically says the Church directs the state..

That's calling for the establishment of Christian Supremacy in a pluralist government... They don't need to say the magic phrase "Christianity should be the state religion" to say Christianity is the state religion.

When a person cannot support that the US government is a secular, pluralist institution.. that is a problem.

Christian Supremacy in government makes second class citizens out of anyone that isn't a Christian... especially when it comes to laws and ideology of the state. That's Christian Nationalism.

This is what I meant by YOUR assumptions based on feelings are not what I do when I take the time to know how to use the word Christian Nationalist.

There is a difference between being Conservative, being a Christian, and believing that Christian Supremacy cannot be separated from the United States government... which is secular and pluralist.

Last edited:
When she dropped off a gym bag with him one day — he pushed her up against a wall and started kissing her neck, before sliding his hand up her shirt and ultimately up her skirt. “It happened at once. He’s talking to me and his hands are everywhere and everything is happening very quickly,” she recalled. “He was kissing me and he said, very low, ‘Do you want to go somewhere else?’” Reade said Biden penetrated her with his fingers before she was able to pull away. When she did, she says he appeared confused. “He looked at me kind of almost puzzled or shocked,” she told the Times. “He said, ‘Come on, man, I heard you liked me.’” [EXTERNAL LINK] - All the Women Who Have Spoken Out Against Joe Biden

View attachment 14239
So paying her first makes it somehow better?

So, your argument that most Christians and Conservatives don't support a State Religion falls in line with those stats.

"I'm being attacked by the godless left because I said I was a proud Christian Nationalist..." Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Yes, I do personally know at least two people that fundamentally believe there is no separation between Church and State... and one person who specifically says the Church directs the state..

That's calling for the establishment of Christian Supremacy in a pluralist government... They don't need to say the magic phrase "Christianity should be the state religion" to say Christianity is the state religion.

When a person cannot support that the US government is a secular, pluralist institution.. that is a problem.

Christian Supremacy in government makes second class citizens out of anyone that isn't a Christian... especially when it comes to laws and ideology of the state. That's Christian Nationalism.

This is what I meant by YOUR assumptions based on feelings are not what I do when I take the time to know how to use the word Christian Nationalist.

There is a difference between being Conservative, being a Christian, and believing that Christian Supremacy cannot be separated from the United States government... which is secular and pluralist.
Don't know who licked the red off your candy but here's a newsflash ... Nobody's listening.

But to further compound your problem ... true Christianity is based on a Theocracy and not government, politics or parties.

Always been that way and always will.

I appreciate your very reasonable responses in this interesting and enlightening conversation. I understand where you’re coming from a little better, even if we still disagree.

Last edited:
Don't know who licked the red off your candy but here's a newsflash ... Nobody's listening.

But to further compound your problem ... true Christianity is based on a Theocracy and not government, politics or parties.

Always been that way and always will.
I just put Travis on ignore again. I can't even read the ridiculous Liberal crap he types. TP now joins Foolbelt on my ignore list.

Back