Political Humor

Sorry, I was editing my post a little while you were responding. You may want to give it another look, although I didn’t change it much.

I’m not familiar with your source for those stats. But you know as well as I that in the current environment statistics are easily manipulated.

But ok, let’s go with those. So 70% don’t agree at all with CN ideas? That’s a sizable majority. Why would you feel threatened?
[EXTERNAL LINK] - 3. Christianity’s place in politics, and ‘Christian nationalism’

Here is Pew, 28% of the population are essentially Christian Nationalists in all but name. Like most ideologies, there's a spectrum. 5% are 100% diehards... but the belief that God Laws under Christianity should override a pluralist governments laws is a major issue.

You have the right to disagree, obviously.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - 3. Christianity’s place in politics, and ‘Christian nationalism’

Here is Pew, 28% of the population are essentially Christian Nationalists in all but name. Like most ideologies, there's a spectrum. 5% are 100% diehards... but the belief that God Laws under Christianity should override a pluralist governments laws is a major issue.

You have the right to disagree, obviously.
"Essentially" is a dangerous word. It is used to convey the opinion or desires of the writer and not the actual facts.

"Essentially" is a dangerous word. It is used to convey the opinion or desires of the writer and not the actual facts.
I would challenge that only because the core tenants of Christian Nationalism support there should be no separation between Church and State in the law.

The only MAJOR difference between Christian Nationalism and the viewpoint above is that people with the viewpoint above that sympathize with Christian Nationalism vs are Christian Nationalist, believe that the US should have Christianity as an official state religion.

Essentially, or all but in name, are appropriate modifiers because the facts point to as such; context matters. If you can't support a hypothesis with fact, it's conjecture or opinion. When you can, it's analysis.

At least he wasn't in a hotel room and she wasn't a stripper.

When she dropped off a gym bag with him one day — he pushed her up against a wall and started kissing her neck, before sliding his hand up her shirt and ultimately up her skirt. “It happened at once. He’s talking to me and his hands are everywhere and everything is happening very quickly,” she recalled. “He was kissing me and he said, very low, ‘Do you want to go somewhere else?’” Reade said Biden penetrated her with his fingers before she was able to pull away. When she did, she says he appeared confused. “He looked at me kind of almost puzzled or shocked,” she told the Times. “He said, ‘Come on, man, I heard you liked me.’” [EXTERNAL LINK] - All the Women Who Have Spoken Out Against Joe Biden

x1.jpg

Back