Posting in Facebook to See if People Want to Get Quoted?

wwgsrevo

Expert
Hey guys, I've posted on facebook for sale groups and have had a lot of success, lots of people want to get quoted, and I close a lot of sales doing this way. and its free leads and helpful to the community when I save them money on their auto insurance. But I just recently found out that I cannot use my personal facebook to post or solicit quoting. Its in compliance. Which now tears my sales numbers and I do not want to go back to cold calling and buying worthless leads. I just have 1 question.

What insurance companies allow their insurance agents to use social media to see if people want to get quoted? and do independents have this compliance issue? or is this just a captive issue?

I don't understand why its such an issue with my insurance company that I work for that I use facebook to connect with prospects and even current customers. Its easy and convenient and honestly, its the future of insurance agents.

Please help

But I just recently found out that I cannot use my personal facebook to post or solicit quoting. Its in compliance.

And how will they know.....most for sale sites are closed groups and require to be approved to post....If you are not approved you can not see the post's....I know this because I am up to 580 sites I post on.........

I don't understand why its such an issue with my insurance company that I work for

If you are an employee you don't have to understand what your employer tells you to do or not do, you just have to obey because you are employed at will and can be fired for any reason or no reason as long as the reason doesn't violate any anti-discrimination laws.

What is a "for sale" group?

Are you allowed to buy leads?

Would you be compliant if you set up a FB business page and did the same thing without mentioning the carrier's name?

Are your lead generation strategies scaleable? Could you make a profit if you sold leads to other agents?

Wait, you're really just posting a blurb on a Facebook For Sale page and having luck? I'm strictly P & C and it hasn't crossed my mind to do that, and I'm even one of those damn millennials. Hmmm..

I can't imagine why any independents would have any issue using social media to promote. In fact, I think it's an excellent idea. Crazy that your company takes such an issue with it. I'd say go independent, or find a new company that supports 21st-century marketing!

Do you offer financial services as well as insurance? Broker/Dealers tend to be anal about this stuff even if its not related.

If you have any sort of securities license, then yes, everyone is this way. This is part of the reason a lot of P&C agents drop their securities license, the compliance is a nightmare for the revenue it brings in, unless you work it full time.

Dan

Back