Posting in Facebook to See if People Want to Get Quoted?

It's actually not a good idea to use your personal Facebook account to do any sort of extensive business. Facebook frowns upon it, actually, and prefers that you use a designated business page. In fact, they've been known to shut down accounts that do too much business through personal pages.

Creating a business page, and then asking your friends and community members to like that page, is a good way to get started. Then you have access to insights, ads, and analytics that regular pages do not. It also might make your carriers happier to see that it's strictly business and maybe you can convince them that they can monitor your posts without it getting personal (which, by law, I don't think they can require access to your personal pages).

I come from the senior health area, so compliance is a big deal. However, we regularly use social media to promote. I recommend that agents focus on their services in their posts, as well as providing good quality information and articles. Since quoting is a service, you should be pretty safe as long as you're not quoting in the comments or even possibly in messenger.

Hope that helps!

It's actually not a good idea to use your personal Facebook account to do any sort of extensive business.

But you can not post in for sale sites with a business page.....I actually have two personal FB accounts....one for biz and one for personal......

But you can not post in for sale sites with a business page.....I actually have two personal FB accounts....one for biz and one for personal......

That I didn't realize. I guess two personal pages would be better then. But it's still something Facebook might terminate so that's the risk. If you're posting from your personal and reference your business page, I think that's best overall.

That I didn't realize. I guess two personal pages would be better then. But it's still something Facebook might terminate so that's the risk. If you're posting from your personal and reference your business page, I think that's best overall.

I post ad's on over 620 for sale sites..and still growing...as well as bump these posts weekly....if done right you will not get shut down by facebook.....they do throttle how many request to join groups....and you have to change your bump message every 8 post's.....and I also have over 500 bussness pages.....they get views but have not gotten any leads from them...even a few of them rank in google....Trumpcare Texas Rates for one.....

Last edited:
WOW, 580 sites? May I ask which ones?

----------

I have a personal FB page that I setup when it first came out. And now I have a business FB page for my insurance business. It works pretty good, but not everyone responds to messenger on FB unfortunately. Many people are not in front of their computers so it goes to their phones which many do not have messenger on.

Latest posts

Back