Pre License Questions in NY with ExamFX

Hello,

I just started to study today for my New York Life Insurance exam via ExamFX and have a few questions for anyone whom already took the exam.

1. What is the best method to pass the state exam? Do i continually go over the practice questions till i get a 90% score as there is so much material to cover.

2. For NY, they say i have to take the "Certificate Exam" first before taking the state exam. Can i simply take the Certificate Exam on my own and then take the state test as i called a few approved monitors who want a fee of $50-$80 for me to take the Certificate Exam in front of them.

3. Are any of the practice questions on the real state test ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think that's who my wife used.

Study hard. Spend quality time taking notes. Relax while taking the test and you should be fine. I it's not super tricky, just a lot of material.

What makes you want to get licensed?

Virge, I just passed my State exam (North Carolina) using Exam FX. In MY opinion a lot of the material is supplemental material you'll never use. The method that worked best for me was first pass the chapter quizzes so you can take the simulated exam. Take the simulated exam until you make CONSISTENT 80s and up. At the end of each simulated exam they show the questions missed with the proper answer. PRINT and study. This worked for me allowing for me to pass the Exam FX guarantee exam as well as the NC exam my first try. Best of luck. As far as the Certificate exam, you should be able to take that on your own. If you are unsure call the contact number for Exam FX and they should be able to help.

Thanks Josh. I'm getting licensed to sell insurance in my state,new career path for me.

I lived in New York when I got licensed. What is in particular that has attracted you to the insurance industry? I ask because many folks get licensed and never really end up doing anything with it, so it helps to have a plan running into it.

Back