Preferred Final Expense Carrier

Gotcha, yea I was wondering most used of the ones agents on here carry...Like the kind one would find on (Fex Quotes) im guessing Trans maybe

Judging from how hard Trans tries NOT to process business in a timely manner, I suspect you are right - they have too much business and want indy agents to send it elsewhere.

I submitted an app last week - checked smoking preferred, quoted smoking preferred. Message comes back form Trans - "the rate for this policy is $90, rate quoted is $60." Please verify rate is $90. Cancel in two weeks." $90 is the smoking standard rate.

I call in, and the new business rep I spoke with could not figure out why I got that message as I clearly checked the correct box and the rate I quoted accurately matched the policy as applied for, and they had not yet done the script check or MIB or any underwriting at all (big surprise there). I said that I knew why I got it: Because Trans refuses to admit that I send in apps in good order from jump street. This is the third straight app where I was messaged that the app was not in good order, and yet it was. That one before this current one was "not in good order" because I had recorded the applicant's address incorrectly. No, I didn't: The address I wrote down was the same address to which I mailed a lead card and the same address that I used to door knock that individual.

I have about $17/month more on a charge back to cover with them, and thereafter I will write very little Trans. MOO, LBL, Family Benefit, and RNA keep me pretty well covered, and each lets me know before I go (unlike Trans, which is an utter crap shoot as to if and when the policy will or will not get approved). I'll probably use Trans for those folks who for whatever reason just strike me as better off not having to do a phone interview. Other than that, I forsee my Trans apps getting mighty dusty in the future.

That is true in my experience. I had a client who wanted to change her mode of payment from monthly to annually. We had to wait until the policy anniversary date to do so.
They pay well, but I do not care about how they run their business. I is not congruent with the way I like to do business in general.

I've been leading with FBL lately and I think I like it...little bit of a nail biter when they start asking about specific medications toward the end but have been getting approved so far.

Maybe I need a bigger sample but so far so good.

I’d never want a instant decision Transamerica. You need a company or two that you can use to get in and get out without an extra 15 or 20 minutes during the sales call. Also, when you use the supplemental underwriting form properly you can get nearly anything you want from an underwriter something that would be lost if it was all yes no algorithm decisions.

Is the word of a TransAmerica Underwriter any better than the minimum wage monkeys they hire to give random answers on the phone? I can call 3 different times and get 3 different answers and none of them will be right. Last time I called them to inquire about increasing coverage on a brand new policy, the underwriter told me I would have to ask my UPLINE, because the company doesn't have an answer. That's enough for me. I stopped going to circuses a long time ago.

In my mind, TransAmerica's customer (and agent) service screams "we have enough business already" the same as when a company charges 3x more than anyone else.

Back