Premier Annuity Prospects

Not necessarily. No list will work unless you are a good agent but even the best agents treat some lead sources as crap and others as being better. That is because some are crap and some are better.

Winter

Probably so, but I just have never had experience with buying my own leads. I do what patch does, basically. I buy lists of people who fit a certain demographic and area and send out my own letters. They cost about $1.65 each, but it is much more legit, professional and credible and I get a decent return.

Not necessarily. No list will work unless you are a good agent but even the best agents treat some lead sources as crap and others as being better. That is because some are crap and some are better.

Winter

I agree. I'm currently working on an annuity campaign involving direct mail. Almost 98% of the leads I contacted do not have stocks, CDs, IRAs or 401k. Since I can't sell them, does this make me a bad agent? Or, did I not do a good job of marketing? My marketing was based on the recommendations of a direct mail firm specializing in annuities. I'll tweak the demographics and try again.

I think the previous two posts are right. If you want to be a player in the Annuity Marketplace. You'll have to get creative and invest sweat equity/intellectual capital into your business. Find a way to find a rich seam of business and harvest.

Those systems rarely work. If they did, they would exponentially grow to the point of total market saturation.

I took my chances anyway

After I spoke to a salesperson I googled the company and it brought me to this forum. I was impressed with the plethora of information on this site. I've tried mailing lists and bought phone lists from other companies in the past, the problem is it requires too much of my time and energy. I went ahead with their $1600 program and so far so good. I gave them my schedule last week and had 2 appointments this week. The 1st was a dud and I thought I was just another victim, the 2nd, yesterday was great, really great. I spoke to both father and son and have follow ups with both next week. Father was looking to take money from an IRA and put it into an annuity, son was looking for more life insurance. So far I am happy, and I will let everyone know how things proceed. The benefit far exceeds the cost, and a lead/appointment is only as good as the advisor.

Probably so, but I just have never had experience with buying my own leads. I do what patch does, basically. I buy lists of people who fit a certain demographic and area and send out my own letters. They cost about $1.65 each, but it is much more legit, professional and credible and I get a decent return.

Hello Broker

What kind of return are you getting on your own lead generation?

Almost 98% of the leads I contacted do not have stocks, CDs, IRAs or 401k. Since I can't sell them, does this make me a bad agent? Or, did I not do a good job of marketing? My marketing was based on the recommendations of a direct mail firm specializing in annuities. I'll tweak the demographics and try again.

You need a mailing company that can mail based not only on age, but on investable assets. Most companies call this IPA or PIA, I can't remember. I usually specify a minimum of $100k above and beyond home value and purported income, neither of which are especially relevant to what we are looking for. Someone can have a large and expensive home, but it can be mortgaged to the hilt. And income as a barometer is notoriously inaccurate since people routinely exaggerate what they make and that is the source usually of the info.

The last two mailing I made specified an IPA of $100k and I did not run into a single person that did not have at least that as a bare minimum that was readily available to invest.

Here's an interesting fact I just came across an FMO advertising them ,that they'd pay for some of there sevices with production and they happened to be in the same city(Fall River MA) do you think it could be the same company???

Many mailing companies are related in one way or another (directly, brother-in-law, etc.) to an FMO.

Some have exclusive deals and work with only one or select FMOs. I would suspect insiders at work there as well.

One thing I've noticed over the years is that FMO people are ALWAYS looking for ways to turn over another buck. If they aren't trying to get 14% from a company, they are trying to find other things to get into. I think a business suit, a gallon of caffein, a lot of money coming in the door, and a huge ego leads to wanting every penny from every related field.

If I ever start an FMO, I'll do it from the beaches of Hawaii. You'll find me in flip-flops and shorts. No more suits!

Many mailing companies are related in one way or another (directly, brother-in-law, etc.) to an FMO.

Some have exclusive deals and work with only one or select FMOs. I would suspect insiders at work there as well.

One thing I've noticed over the years is that FMO people are ALWAYS looking for ways to turn over another buck. If they aren't trying to get 14% from a company, they are trying to find other things to get into. I think a business suit, a gallon of caffein, a lot of money coming in the door, and a huge ego leads to wanting every penny from every related field.

Anyone have experience with direct mail from Premier Annuity Prospects, the Peter LePage company? LePage claims he is a huge annuity salesman.

I have used them in the past. LePage is quite a salesman and has made a great deal of money selling leads to agents, but his system is no different than anyone elses. I would not do business with him again, because he is a crude and arrogant S.O.B. Best to do it yourself with a good direct-mail letter....

Back