Press Release for New Insurance Business

ksigmtsu

Guru
1000 Post Club
Do any of you have examples of a new business press release written for local newspapers? I have 3 local papers that have already agreed to run a full page release for me, but I have NO clue how to write an effective one.

Feel like it would be terribly ignorant to not find someone who knows how to write them effectively or at least a good example before I submit a full page free ad that doesn't work.

I figure this would be highly valuable information for other agents as well, as local papers are basically a free resource for at the very least this one piece of advertising.

If someone else has done this, and I'm sure some of you guys have, please show some of us newbies what you sent so we can get ideas for how to copy your success.

Good question!

I suggest contacting a professional writer with a background in insurance. I have been working with Cathy Miller on projects for a over a year and she does a wonderful job. There are examples of her work on my blog - blog.internetce.com

*Disclosure - I am not affiliated with her company and receive no compensation for referring her..its just because she does a hell of a job :biggrin:

Her blogs and websites can be found here - www.millercathy.com

Best of luck! Let me know if I can help in any other way.

AD

Well my problem is more about formatting and what is expected inside the release, rather than writing. I failed to explain that fully.

I have a lot of writing experience. I think I have 34 college credit hours in English. Problem is I've never written a press release. I don't want to come out of the gates and fall flat on my face because I did something incorrectly.

That's why I was asking for an example, I can basically tear it down to structure and use the format to build something myself. All the press releases for new businesses I can find are not insurance oriented, or they are product releases.

I wanted to see what points were touched on and how the formatting was done basically.

News release always follow the who, what, when, where type format. The information should be double spaced with a contact number for you if you want more information. The most important things should be first and it should be constructed so they can cut it off where they like to fit their space requirements.

Well my problem is more about formatting and what is expected inside the release, rather than writing. I failed to explain that fully.

I have a lot of writing experience. I think I have 34 college credit hours in English. Problem is I've never written a press release. I don't want to come out of the gates and fall flat on my face because I did something incorrectly.

That's why I was asking for an example, I can basically tear it down to structure and use the format to build something myself. All the press releases for new businesses I can find are not insurance oriented, or they are product releases.

I wanted to see what points were touched on and how the formatting was done basically.

Over65Insure.com Builds Relationships Through Education By Taking the Guesswork out of the Medicare Maze During Open Enrollment

Exactly what I wanted. Sent out press releases to 7 counties now.. should be fun to see what kind of bump in call volume that causes.. I think maybe i'll get 1-2 calls per if I get really lucky, but hell 14 free leads never hurt anyone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Brook Jolley, Life Planning TN, 866-314-2747, 708 Brown Ave Cookeville, TN​
New Independent Insurance Broker Serving Cookeville

Description: New Business

COOKEVILLE, TN, 3/12/2010 – Life Planning TN - Brook Jolley, licensed health and life insurance agent announces a new insurance brokerage in Middle Tennessee. The focus of Life Planning TN's is to find the most affordable solutions to Health, Medicare and Life Insurance.

Life Planning TN has diverse health insurance options from BlueCross BlueShield of TN, Humana, Cigna, and United Health Care. Mr. Jolley stated, "Because of the new health care bill people are worried about getting coverage and understanding all the new legal changes." They offer Medicare Supplements including Mutual of Omaha, AARP, BlueCross BlueShield, UNL, and Gerber, and multiple options for Part D and Medicare Advantage. They also offer numerous options in permanent and term life insurance products from a number of carriers, such as Foresters, Genworth, and Transamerica. Mr. Jolley said, "Our focus is on finding you the protection you actually need, and making sure you aren't paying too much."

Detailed information and quotes can be found by calling toll-free to 866-314-2747, by email at [email protected], or on the web at Individual Health Insurance Plans Life Insurance Medicare Supplement. In home appointments are available, as well as online web conferencing. The website also includes a section where you can get your own quotes for health insurance with popular options from all available carriers.

Life Planning TN specializes in Health Insurance, Medicare Supplement, Life Insurance, and additional products such as Dental, Medicare Part D, and Supplementary Accident and Cancer Insurance. Operating hours are 9am to 9pm, 7 days a week. For more information, contact Brook Jolley at 866-314-2747.

Contact Information:
Brook Jolley
Life Planning TN
[email protected]
866-314-2747
Individual Health Insurance Plans Life Insurance Medicare Supplement

###​

Media Advisory: interviews available on request, no physical business address.

-- Thats what I ran with.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And NOW i notice a typo.. lol. funny.. proofread something 2-3 times, never notice till i turn it in.

Last edited:
Wasn't even a spelling issue that I noticed. I reworded a sentence and its a minor grammatical issue. That being said, grammatical issues drive me nuts. More even than spelling.

For the record, this produced 3 free ads in different counties, and 5 calls total for free. Well worth the 2 hours it took to do.

Back