Primerica or State Farm

I'm having a hard time deciding which company is better for me see I started out as a musician and use to promote my music and I stumbled upon a primerica agent and ended up getting my insurance license but the transition has been harder than expected I have an interview for State Farm on Tuesday for a telemarketer position but right now I'm district leader in primerica (50%) so I'm between a rock in a hard place right I prefer advice from experienced insurance agents but all advice is welcomed and appreciated

In 5 posts on this thread you've used one period. You must be out of them, so I'll send you some of mine.:yes:

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Listen man I'm posting a thread not writing a resume get a life I'm really trying to learn something here.

Listen man I'm posting a thread not writing a resume get a life I'm really trying to learn something here.

Very good, you used one of the periods I sent you. Here, have some commas. :biggrin:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"No offense taken thank you for your honesty and of course I would like more than 50% but to only got my insurance license in January of this year I'm only 21 so the future is bright for me but i wanna get the opinion of real insurance agents to know that I'm makin the right decision."

You can get more than 50% elsewhere and actually learn the industry. As an insurance agent you're going to be responsible for your clients. When I tell you right now I can run a dozen quotes for the same product you have and present a much lower cost, while maintaining quality for clients, well, are you looking out for your clients that way?

But let's talk about you. Are you going to learn the business while at prime? Are you going to grow as an agent to the benefit of your clients? The answer is NO. why? because they don't teach you anything about any other insurance products beyond what they sell.

You know the old saying about when you only have a hammer? everything looks like a nail. That's prime. EVERY insurance product has an up and a down side. YOUR job is to know what that is, even at times admitting where a client is right now is just fine without you.

I just don't think you're going to learn and honestly if you don't learn in this business, you don't last.

Last words... you're in the wrong place. Look elsewhere if this is going to be your career.

"No offense taken thank you for your honesty and of course I would like more than 50% but to only got my insurance license in January of this year I'm only 21 so the future is bright for me but i wanna get the opinion of real insurance agents to know that I'm makin the right decision." You can get more than 50% elsewhere and actually learn the industry. As an insurance agent you're going to be responsible for your clients. When I tell you right now I can run a dozen quotes for the same product you have and present a much lower cost, while maintaining quality for clients, well, are you looking out for your clients that way? But let's talk about you. Are you going to learn the business while at prime? Are you going to grow as an agent to the benefit of your clients? The answer is NO. why? because they don't teach you anything about any other insurance products beyond what they sell. You know the old saying about when you only have a hammer? everything looks like a nail. That's prime. EVERY insurance product has an up and a down side. YOUR job is to know what that is, even at times admitting where a client is right now is just fine without you. I just don't think you're going to learn and honestly if you don't learn in this business, you don't last. Last words... you're in the wrong place. Look elsewhere if this is going to be your career.

Those last words.. <\3

You know the old saying about when you only have a hammer? everything looks like a nail.

Are you saying that I need to look beyong my SIWL offerings? That's a joke, but these are very true words.

The State Farm aspect is a luttle confusing for me. If your going tk go captive, why not go with a company that you can at least own your book for tge P&C. Allstate pops into my mind. OR go captive and get great benefits...Liberty Mutual.

To the OP, what do you want to sell? Life, there are some great IMO''s here that would be a great jumping off point for you. Annuities, which I admittedly know nothing about, you've got a couple of phemons posting here you could reach out to. P&C...same thing!

Pick a field that interest you and then come back and ask this again. My $.02

You are an independent contractor with primerica (the amway of insurance). Low commission on products, and the system depends on "internal consumption" from the people that you recruit. (Recruit, then "train" by taking away their first 3 or 4 hot sales in their warm market). Most of primerica is churn and burn. It's not a respected outfit in the industry and most people will not take you seriously. If you are serious about a career in the insurance industry, don't ruin any shot of credibility by staying with them. You will destroy your warm market.

If you work for State Farm, more than likely you are getting a real job, working on a W2 for an agent of State Farm. It is a good place to start to get some real multiline experience. From telemarketer you can perhaps move on to full-time sales (again with a real salary, unlike primerica).

After 1-2 years of working for a real insurance company (State Farm, Allstate, whatever... it doesn't really matter), then you will have some real experience and you will have many options available to you.

In any case, you need a place where you can have a mentor. Primerica is a one-sided MLM organization with emphasis on recruiting. Any other insurance company or broker is going to be a much better place to start.

Good luck.

Back