Private Message Harrassment

Well, I can tell you first hand that Sam will ban. After several warnings for vulgarity and fighting...then multiple accounts I was banned for 3 1/2 months. I never did harassing PM's, I preferred to do it out in the open.

Sam wants to give us some freedom, but not too much. It's hard to find a happy medium....you can't please everybody.

There is more PM, chat and text whiney gossipy stuff going on than a middle school girls potty.

Many boards have an 'off-topic' section which is not open to the public (i.e. subscribers only) where the moderators hope to contain the non-civil demographic of the subscriber population. Things can get pretty ugly in those sections, but since they require a log-in, the public is not privy to any of it. This board has a couple of private sections for those who have a high-post count, so maybe that's where some of the more heated discussions end up.

Most boards are a reflection on the political and social values of the owner (i.e. the Top Gun board) and I'm sure this board is no exception. I assume that the owner here believes that low or no moderation helps to keep the board 'lively' which helps attract viewers which obviously helps sell advertising space.

The 'politics and religious discussion' forum is closed... so perhaps there's a little bit of 'pent-up' energy of wanting to vent in other ways here.

Well, I can tell you first hand that Sam will ban. After several warnings for vulgarity and fighting...then multiple accounts I was banned for 3 1/2 months. I never did harassing PM's, I preferred to do it out in the open.

Sam wants to give us some freedom, but not too much. It's hard to find a happy medium....you can't please everybody.

I know that it has happened. But it seems like the leash is a lot longer these days than it used to be. After having 6 or 7 posts removed due to personal attacks towards the same person you think that would be grounds for something.

More importantly stuff like that just gives our industry a bad image. A lot more consumers read this forum than you think...

I know that it has happened. But it seems like the leash is a lot longer these days than it used to be. After having 6 or 7 posts removed due to personal attacks towards the same person you think that would be grounds for something.

More importantly stuff like that just gives our industry a bad image. A lot more consumers read this forum than you think...

Had a client call me, re an ROPTerm post I made on Sam's other site. And I only posted a few there.

How short should that leash be? I've seen you get into it with several people lately...especially Bob Barney(I agree with everything you said to him). If they were to enforce the rules to the letter, you would've had a vacation too. I'm not saying you deserve one, just trying to make a point.

Had a client call me, re an ROPTerm post I made on Sam's other site. And I only posted a few there.

I have made around $4k so far this year from consumers reading my posts and reaching out to me.

----------

How short should that leash be? I've seen you get into it with several people lately...especially Bob Barney(I agree with everything you said to him). If they were to enforce the rules to the letter, you would've had a vacation too. I'm not saying you deserve one, just trying to make a point.

I am only judging that comment by past history in the forum. (before you were around)

As far as Bob goes, I have not said anything about his views that was not written by him on this forum. Everything I said about him was based on his own comments about how he feels of this industry and the agents that work in it. Also, I never called Bob any names or anything like that. I simply stated what he has written in the past about the life insurance industry and its agents.

I have also never personally attacked another member without them first attacking me. I can only think of two members that I have called derogatory names. And they threw the first punch... and multiple punches at that.

But if I cross the line then Sam is welcome to suspend my posting privileges as he sees fit.

I have made around $4k so far this year from consumers reading my posts and reaching out to me.

----------

Ditto. I have two cases in underwriting that are second and third policies from consumers here and just delivered another. I also insure several agents and their families here. I wrote a nice young woman a while back that contacted me by email. First thing she wanted me to know was that she was not a crazy or a low life deadbeat.

So while this is mostly an agent's site, many of which do not post, There are consumers here as well. At least that is my experiance.

What was your other screen name? are you really tins?:skeptical: I haven't seen him post in a while..

Back