professional insurance designations

No one cares what the letters are behind your name. They just want whatever you sell them to work when they need it.
I would honestly say that it depends on how you market. If you do word of mouth, then you already have a built in trust layer because someone they trust has referred them to you. If you to mail and other such advertising, then it might be beneficial.

Certified Senior Advisor
I thought about it, but I'm hesitant to get it since CMS says we can't say we are a senior expert, etc.
Thanks. To be honest the only thing that came to mind was Confederate States of America. I truly do not know the value of many of these designations. I am a group rep and have done maybe 10 over the years and do not use any of them.

Thanks. To be honest the only thing that came to mind was Confederate States of America. I truly do not know the value of many of these designations. I am a group rep and have done maybe 10 over the years and do not use any of them.

Lol confederate state of america. Good movie, if you haven't seen it, its worth the watch.

Im trying to figure out where the value comes in as well.
From the customer's perspective, I can't imagine too many people put any weight behind it.
I know I don't whenever I meet with an advisor of sorts.

So what's the point of these designations? Just an ego thing for some?

They're not exactly cheap to obtain either.

Do carriers offer more value if the designation is obtained?

The simple answer to this question is yes.

Designations were a much bigger deal back in the stone age. 70's through 90's. Not nearly as much anymore. Also a much bigger deal on the life side than health.

When I started selling life insurance in the early 70's I was told that I'd make a lot more money if I had a CLU so I got one. Never used the damn thing and honestly can't say that it has had any bearing on how much I've made.

For some people, they're a crutch. Especially those that can't or won't sell. Same as busy work. Organizing your desk is not selling insurance.

Not one damn bit.

Lol confederate state of america. Good movie, if you haven't seen it, its worth the watch.

Im trying to figure out where the value comes in as well.
From the customer's perspective, I can't imagine too many people put any weight behind it.
I know I don't whenever I meet with an advisor of sorts.

They're not exactly cheap to obtain either.

To be honest with you, I got mine because the company paid for it and then gave me some extra money for passing.

Back