"Programs" Listed As Either Available or Not Available

Newfie56

First, a disclaimer: I'm clueless.

I'm trying to select a bronze level insurance through healthcare.gov for my college-student son and myself. I've narrowed the selections down to four and have been doing comparisons. As I scroll to the bottom of the comparison charts, I see that some of my choices have various programs for asthma, depression heart disease, etc., and some of them don't. I've looked for a description of what is meant by "program" but haven't found anything. Are these informational "programs" that are, basically, information about pro-active things one can do to avoid/reduce chances of these health issues? Or, do they reflect on actual coverage for asthma, depression, heart disease, etc.?

Any insights are most welcome!

Last edited:
I'm in North Carolina. I have been shooting questions to an agent who helped me get insurance when my husband retired a few months ago. But I thought, on a Sunday, it might be nice to give her a break and see if I could find the answer on my own.

During Open Enrollment, every day is a work day for your agent. Give her a call! I'm sure she will appreciate it and you will get the answers you deserve.

I figured I may not be the only person with this question looking for answers on this forum.

So... I guess what you're saying is that joining an insurance forum to learn the meaning of "medical management programs" (as relates to health insurance provided through healthcare.gov) is not the best idea.

I'll see if I can track her down on a Sunday afternoon...

I figured I may not be the only person with this question looking for answers on this forum.

So... I guess what you're saying is that joining an insurance forum to learn the meaning of "medical management programs" (as relates to health insurance provided through healthcare.gov) is not the best idea.

Your agent should be able to get more specific information on the "programs" from their own insurance company reps, if she doesn't know the answer herself.

How is an agent supposed to know anything about these 'programs' if you haven't listed the state, the insurance company, or the plan?

But here is a link about the diabetes programs, it took me all of ten seconds to type "aca programs diabetes" into Google search: http://www.ncsl.org/portals/1/documents/health/DiabetesinHR511.pdf

Back