Progressive claim

Yes, all is correct. But let's look at other point. If their agents have ability to do changes retroactively - for what purposes? If everything ok, they have their money from policyholders and it's ok. If something happened - they can tell it's agent problem. So, we pay for nothing.

The agent is able to make a lot of changes to the policy, with your permission. Which is why you need will probably need an attorney. Based solely upon my understanding of what you have posted, the agent altered the policy without your permission, much less a signed endorsement.

Again, going solely based on what you have said, it appears the dec page is false. Did you make payment directly to Progressive or to the agent or agency?

Let me re-emphasis, my opinion is based solely upon what you have said here. And is absolutely meaningless in determining the final outcome.

Progressive is trying to wash their hands of it, because it appears the policy was not actually on the policy at time of issue, but was later endorsed on after the accident. Assuming this is so, everyone is going to be looking at the agent.

The agent is able to make a lot of changes to the policy, with your permission. Which is why you need will probably need an attorney. Based solely upon my understanding of what you have posted, the agent altered the policy without your permission, much less a signed endorsement.

Again, going solely based on what you have said, it appears the dec page is false. Did you make payment directly to Progressive or to the agent or agency?

Let me re-emphasis, my opinion is based solely upon what you have said here. And is absolutely meaningless in determining the final outcome.

Progressive is trying to wash their hands of it, because it appears the policy was not actually on the policy at time of issue, but was later endorsed on after the accident. Assuming this is so, everyone is going to be looking at the agent.

Why you think the dec page is false? We requested to add truck May 18, and agent did it. But Progressive now tell us that agent did it after accident.

We paid directly to Progressive.

Why you think the dec page is false? We requested to add truck May 18, and agent did it. But Progressive now tell us that agent did it after accident.

We paid directly to Progressive.

Again, taking everything you have said at face value, which is dangerous. There are two possibilities as I see it.

1. The dec page was falsified in some way and the truck was added when it was not actually listed on the policy.
2. Progressive has decided they will claim the truck was not on the policy at the time of accident and was added by the agent after the accident. This despite knowing their system issued a dec page showing the truck and having directly received premium reflecting a policy with the truck included.

Of the two, I can tell you which I suspect. Obviously, any details you have omitted could greatly change the situation.

Again, taking everything you have said at face value, which is dangerous. There are two possibilities as I see it.

1. The dec page was falsified in some way and the truck was added when it was not actually listed on the policy.
2. Progressive has decided they will claim the truck was not on the policy at the time of accident and was added by the agent after the accident. This despite knowing their system issued a dec page showing the truck and having directly received premium reflecting a policy with the truck included.

Of the two, I can tell you which I suspect. Obviously, any details you have omitted could greatly change the situation.

We received that dec page by mail from Progressive. It was not only 1 event, when they changed policy retroactively. We have many dec pages from them, when changes were made retroactively. They charged us for that changes. The only difference is that accident happened. Let's imagine that accident was not happened. They have their money that was charged retroactively for nothing. ?

Yes, all is correct. But let's look at other point. If their agents have ability to do changes retroactively - for what purposes?

Alex, check your commercial auto policy booklet (not the declarations page) and see if you have automatic coverage for a newly acquired vehicle. If you do, that could be why the agent backdated coverage to a purchase date if that was the date you purchased the vehicle.

We received that dec page by mail from Progressive. It was not only 1 event, when they changed policy retroactively. We have many dec pages from them, when changes were made retroactively. They charged us for that changes. The only difference is that accident happened. Let's imagine that accident was not happened. They have their money that was charged retroactively for nothing. ?

Now it comes out...

Can we sue them for bad faith claim?

I'm not sure there was bad faith. You should follow @adjusterjack 's advice and look at the policy. See if there is automatic coverage for a new vehicle, did you notify them in time of acquiring it for there to be coverage.

The entire time, I never really suspected Progressive was doing anything wrong, my suspicion was on the agent, and perhaps the agent still made a mistake, it is hard to say. However, this one may be on you. You may not have notified them in the required time frame to have coverage on this vehicle.

I'm not sure there was bad faith. You should follow @adjusterjack 's advice and look at the policy. See if there is automatic coverage for a new vehicle, did you notify them in time of acquiring it for there to be coverage.

The entire time, I never really suspected Progressive was doing anything wrong, my suspicion was on the agent, and perhaps the agent still made a mistake, it is hard to say. However, this one may be on you. You may not have notified them in the required time frame to have coverage on this vehicle.

I read many topics and agree with people who say that Progressive insurance is just paper, nothing. If something happen, they will not care about you and will do everything not to pay your claim.
If they hired lawyer and do their "investigation" it means there are no chance they will pay for your claim. Otherwise why they pay so much money for all things. I don't think they really want something investigate. It's just way to pull the time and find any reason not to pay.
I just looking for people who had similar situation and for good advice. I'll appreciate any advice.

We requested to delete that truck after accident, but they deleted it almost after month. And now they sent to collections to pay near $1000 for after accident time for truck that was totaled in accident. We cancelled that policy and looking for lawyer who can sue them for bad faith.

Back