promotional items for centers of influence

Perhaps there are other ways to gain referrals. I would suggest working with folks that have and invested interest with you through the referral process. You scratch their back and the will scratch your back. Caution goes out to any agent paying someone for referrals - check your laws! If you are a NASD Lic'd rep .... WOW!

Mark -

What state prohibits paying for referrals? This is a normal business practice, and even in your text, you imply it (you scratch, I scratch). Maybe we differ in the definition of a referral, and if you are thinking of pay based on sale, then you are correct. Paying based on referral isn't the same thing.

Internet leads could be considered paying for a referral. I don't know of any state where this is illegal.

Your comment did make me wonder about your system. Unfortunately, there isn't any description on your website of what it is your selling. Perhaps if I listen to the audio, but not enough to interest me to make me do that. I'd love to sell more from my desk without referrals though.

Dan

I use custom labeled bottled water, with my name and web site on the label. Everyone loves water! I put 6 in a nice little basket and drop em off at real estate offices etc all the time. When I get tired of cold calls I throw a case in a cooler with ice and drive around and hit construction sites hand out cold waters and get referrals, works great.

I wonder if I can do this with beer instead...

Back