Property Stored at a Family Member's Home is Stolen

- Are you listed as a resident on your moms policy? If you are, then it will be covered (if coverage applies).

Dan, do they actually lists residents on a homeowners policy because none of my insurers have ever asked that or listed it on a policy?????

With dependent children, there probably is no issue since the homeowner is legally responsible anyway.

With adult children (or relatives), I have found it best to list them, since it prevents the problem of whether they are guests or residents. Residents are covered, guests have limited coverage.

Obviously, this isn't the same as listing them as a named insured.

Might be a CA thing. I know most agents don't bother, and its rarely an issue. This falls right into the type of thing where it will come up.

Dan

Now, that piece of info changes a lot.
A large cooker, pulled on a trailer, sounds like a business. If it is, there may not be any coverage for it anyway, its not personal property, its business property.

Details matter.

Dan

Dan, you must not have travelled to NC. I can think of 20 people who have one of those :). Lots of family "pig pickins" around here and many people have them just for those events. No of those I can name use it for anything other than those events. Guess it's an NC thing....

Also, how could you list the grown child on the policy of a homeowner, as Additional Insured? THe company I worked with required the named insureds to be on the deed. If I can remember correctly, once they were out of college, we required a renter/content policy even if they lived at home.

Oh, I see those trailer BBQ's a lot. I'll even follow them if I can :) Everyone here is a commercial entity though, you simply rent them for family outings.

Its been a while since I've been to NC, I'll have to go there again, this type of eat'n will give me a good reason :)

The carriers I work with give me a place to list additional residents. Pretty much that simple. Makes it easy, but its not really required.

I looked it up, the true HO-3 form doesn't require listing relatives, though unfortunately, it doesn't let me cut and paste out of the policy sample (dang pdf security). It also doesn't cover adults if they are not relatives (which makes sense).

Basically, an ederly parent living with you is covered.

Now that I go back and look, it is just my habit of getting everyone in the household, not so much a requirement. I do have places to list them though.

Dan

Back