Proprietary Quote Forms?

dmohrman

Our agency currently uses our own proprietary quote forms that are completed by the agent with info provided by the client to then be used to comparatively rate with our carriers.

Along with general rating information questions, there are also general underwriting questions as well as typical E&O questions to prompt our folks to have certain conversations with clients about things like Life Insurance or an Umbrella policy.

From an efficiency standpoint, these are a constant pain in that much of the information they are gathering on the sheet needs to be typed into the system to quote, so there is a duplication of work there. Some of that info, such as general underwriting questions or the E&O related questions, are not entered into the comparative rater and become part of the clients permanent file in our management system.

They are also problematic in that they are constantly in need of updating as carriers continue to ask more and more questions.

My questions are:

1. Do any of you just forego the quote sheet in general and just type the clients info directly in to the comparative rater?
2. If so, how do you handle documenting additional underwriting info that may not be part of the quoting process, or how do you handle documenting those additional E&O related questions?

Thanks,

Not sure what you are asking. I have EZLYNX quoter with the customer management system. I don't need to have them fill out a sheet. Now if I had 4 or more customers waiting in my office for a quote, if give them just a basic form that allows me to have all the info I need to run the quote. I don't get into deep questions with clients until I know they are ready to sign the check to get a policy.

Back