Pyramid Life, Pennsylvania Life, John Hancock

Well she is definitely going to roll them over, come OEP. That;s why she was there, plus she's signing up with other companies.

She had worked with UIG....united insurance group. She was wearing an black onyx ring they gave her for being top producer....(maybe it was black jade)...anyway.....we exchanged cards so if you come up with good probing questions, I'' be sure to call her.

I have two probing questions. Is she looking for a man toy? If not, is she looking to team up with someone to help write all 1300 cases?

Well you need to bring more to the table than 300 mail-in apps.....she was flirting with sev male agents at seminar.

I am officially calling Bull SH!T.... No way... If she did do anywhere close to that number I am sure she put the screws to many people. And she will probably have a lot of STI's to explain to CMS in her future. If you are working in lower income area's most of those people are on Medicaid.

What company did she use? With that low of commission she must have been a captive agent? right??? She needs a agent... with that type of production she should get herself a MGA contract with a company. Give her ole' Daddy's email with her production and my brains we will go far
:biggrin:

I don't think it is possible to keep up that type of production for that length of time and it being quality business.
</IMG>

No doubt, until she really learned her product. she made a few comments to our "teacher"; e.g., tell clients to get their meds filled first before disenrolling from one pdp to another or they would be out of pocket during that transistion.

I asked my white clients to bring their friends to the app't so they could listen in too...heck, only 1 lady brought in 2 extra people besides her dad, and he signed up later, one had Humana and decided to stay, and 3rd was undergoing surgery...so I was SOL...the other palefaces had excuses....I think, they were more secretive about their affairs.

You go with lower income, and life is an open book....know what i mean?
And yes, many agents "puff" those products. E.G. another agent I met was extolling the benefits of Wellcare and to paraphrase "and they have wonderful dental benefits....including root canal and fillings."....so there you go.:laugh:

BTW...you are not allowed to mail enrollment kits to people. If you're not there live, snookums, you better not sign your name.

Pyramid will make several calls to client after enrollment...try 5....who knows, one of the q&a might be" was the agent there in person to sign you up?"

BTW...you are not allowed to mail enrollment kits to people. If you're not there live, snookums, you better not sign your name.

Pyramid will make several calls to client after enrollment...try 5....who knows, one of the q&a might be" was the agent there in person to sign you up?"

I have yet to see anything from any carrier that states you have to be there in person. Did they tell you this at the meeting? I've already completed the recertification with 3 carriers (all online, including Pyramid) and none of the material states you had to be there in person. It does state that you are required to leave them with certain items "when" meeting with them in person. But it doesn't state that you are required to meet them in person.

I still don't know where Pyramid or CMS requires a face to face. Some carriers made this part of the training (ie. Coventry), but I did not see this with Pyramid.

Is there anything in writing requiring this?

Rick

I received a 73 pg medicare compliance training manual for Pyramid.

Under marketing conduct, you need to read the various paragraphs. They state during your visit (that would be in person, right) you need to do the following and a list follows, like disclose your name, company you're representing, product you're selling, and the purpose. (duh)

no pressure tactics, etc...then on pg 50..."Only the agent who enrolls the Medicare beneficiary may sign...if not present, name may not be signed.: (mine short version). Instill said the same thing.

Alright, enough of the ping-pong. Read your own material and go forward...

I received a 73 pg medicare compliance training manual for Pyramid.

then on pg 50..."Only the agent who enrolls the Medicare beneficiary may sign...if not present, name may not be signed.: (mine short version). Instill said the same thing.

Alright, enough of the ping-pong. Read your own material and go forward...
Looks like I missed that and it certainly wasn't on the certification tests.

Guess I'm won't be doing as much as I had hoped next year.

It's amazing that if a prospect contacts the insurance company directly, they can be enrolled over the phone. If an agent is involved, forget it.

Thanks for helping all of us.

Rick

Did you people catch my comment about that app being 8 (eight) pages for 2008 enrollment? Are you guys looking down the road any, because I am and I'm thinking this will be a short ride. We're being used to bring in the sheep, and then CMS will enroll them in future years, and no, I'm not engaging in any conversations about Who, What, Why, When and Where.

Just a feeling....so make hay while the sun shines.

Back