Quad Bypass with Diabetes

general88

Expert
I have 70 yr old client wanting 100k Term life but had a quadbypass 13 mos ago. Never any heart problems before that. Was on mandatory stress test when problem arose. He also takes metformin 1000mg 2 times a day. Had diabetes for over 5 years. Any companies that you point me in right direction to call. Thanks

I have 70 yr old client wanting 100k Term life but had a quadbypass 13 mos ago. Never any heart problems before that. Was on mandatory stress test when problem arose. He also takes metformin 1000mg 2 times a day. Had diabetes for over 5 years. Any companies that you point me in right direction to call. Thanks

Low chance. Does he have a lot of money? If you found anything the premium will be huge.

Why does a 70 year old want term life insurance?

If the A1C is under control, not overweight, and not a smoker, he might get lucky with a table 2-4 rate from someone. I'd be looking in the direction of Pru or LNL..

Why does a 70 year old want term life insurance?

He's a diabetic who just had a quad bypass. What does he need perm for, he's going to be dead inside 10 years anyway. Too bad the underwriter knows that too! :D:D

Controlled diabetes at age 70 is not a deal breaker. The timing bypass is the hurdle. Have you called the companies you're appointed with to get a sense of what they can do?

Does he have an existing policy? Maybe you could convert the policy if the conversion period goes to 75 (although i think most only go to 70). If he can't convert, then you definitely need to shop the case. Get his A1C, ht/wt, any other meds, and add that to the other factors you mentioned and shop it. That's gonna allow you to find out ahead of time if there's anything that can be done with this guy or if it's a lost cause.

You should present both term and permanent options. At his age and with his med hx, permanent would probably be the better option. But then again...the guy's gotta be willing to write the check...

Back