Question (newer agent here)

Do I have a chance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Already getting things taken care of. You’d have to read the rest of this thread. I’ve been trying to do insurance part time for a couple of years. With my job, it just doesn’t work, I got one day off in 14 days, on 12 hours. I have enough stashed in my 401k to last me 6 months so I’m going for it (without lead costs, so leads will eat into it. I have some credit too.). I don’t plan on going back to my job. Been here 5 years and have hated every moment of it.

Just some thoughts: there’s a 10% early withdrawal penalty right off the top; not sure but they may withhold 20% for FW; sometimes it takes several months to get your money.

I mean kind of not really. Mentor and his manager said they’d go with me and help me make some sales if the debt started getting too high.

You better get that in writing . . .

Also - make sure you don't have to "pull more leads" for those ride-alongs.

You better get that in writing . . .

Also - make sure you don't have to "pull more leads" for those ride-alongs.
I’m done with them I said it already. Just gonna pay my debt and accept my advanced commission losses. It’s not much it’s all good. Gonna see if David will recruit me.

When I cash in my 401k I should be stable enough to take that risk. Was nervous about doing that with my own money at first but the more I think about it the more confident I am about taking that leap. If I don’t end up making back those lead costs, and blowing it all, idk what I’ll do lol but I don’t think that would happen if I’ll have a few months to invest into it and get trained up.

Just waiting to hear back from Dave. And I don’t know how I’d break it to my LH mentor yet. He’s been trying to work on me for a couple of months now with my current work schedule. Feel bad leaving someone behind that tried to invest all that into me..

He probably knows already . . .

Not hard to get your IP Address from all your posts and reference it back . . .

He probably knows already . . .

Not hard to get your IP Address from all your posts and reference it back . . .
If they pull some shady crap on me over a few hundred dollars I really will have nothing good to say about them. I planned on paying off what I owe...

Last edited:
Just some thoughts: there’s a 10% early withdrawal penalty right off the top; not sure but they may withhold 20% for FW; sometimes it takes several months to get your money.

I already talked to someone at MassMutual and got how much I should get back after taxes and stuff actuated.

Edit: also said it may take up to 45 days for my job to tell them I am no longer there or whatever, but once all that happens I get a ping on my online account with MM and give them a call and tell them to cash it out. Said it would take 1-3 business days to receive the funds Direct deposited.

Last edited:
I already talked to someone at MassMutual and got how much I should get back after taxes and stuff actuated.

Edit: also said it may take up to 45 days for my job to tell them I am no longer there or whatever, but once all that happens I get a ping on my online account with MM and give them a call and tell them to cash it out. Said it would take 1-3 business days to receive the funds Direct deposited.

They were referring to the Annuity . . .

Back