Question (newer agent here)

Do I have a chance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I cash in my 401k I should be stable enough to take that risk. Was nervous about doing that with my own money at first but the more I think about it the more confident I am about taking that leap. If I don’t end up making back those lead costs, and blowing it all, idk what I’ll do lol but I don’t think that would happen if I’ll have a few months to invest into it and get trained up.

Just waiting to hear back from Dave. And I don’t know how I’d break it to my LH mentor yet. He’s been trying to work on me for a couple of months now with my current work schedule. Feel bad leaving someone behind that tried to invest all that into me..

I’m glad I never voted on your survey until now. I’ll vote a “yes”. It appears that you are coming around. I year from now you will look back and say “Wow, that was close!”

I’m glad I never voted on your survey until now. I’ll vote a “yes”. It appears that you are coming around. I year from now you will look back and say “Wow, that was close!”
Yessir! I just changed my vote from “maybe” with LH, to “yes” with DD. But it’s a yes with a qualifier: yes, if you follow Dave’s instructions to the letter. It reverts to “maybe” or even “no” the day you decide to get a better idea! Once you’ve done it his way for a couple of years, MAYBE you can innovate. The main reasons I see new agents fail in the first year or two: 1) not working the system they’ve been taught, 2) just not working! (usually by allowing other things to distract them from putting in the full effort daily), and 3) getting a “better” idea about how to do this

Yessir! I just changed my vote from “maybe” with LH, to “yes” with DD. But it’s a yes with a qualifier: yes, if you follow Dave’s instructions to the letter. It reverts to “maybe” or even “no” the day you decide to get a better idea! Once you’ve done it his way for a couple of years, MAYBE you can innovate. The main reasons I see new agents fail in the first year or two: 1) not working the system they’ve been taught, 2) just not working! (usually by allowing other things to distract them from putting in the full effort daily), and 3) getting a “better” idea about how to do this
Yeah I’d be the poster child of coachable. That’s what my first mentor said anyway

Yeah I’d be the poster child of coachable. That’s what my first mentor said anyway
Unfortunately they had me recruiting before I even knew the products. Hell I was barely licensed before I started talking to people. And then my mentor started ghosting my calls and texts. Ended up getting no training except a few videos on their website. Got married. Bought a house. Got settled and tried again. They got rid of their leads for new agents. Got stuck with warm marketing. Didn’t work lol no sales experience. Ended up at LH because I wanted leads. I’ve only got one policy with them and 10 leads in the hole so I’m guessing it’ll be relatively easy to get out.

This is all very good info. Excellent post!

As far as leads go, if you don’t have money to buy leads, then you should wait until you have enough saved for at least a couple of orders. Or you can sign up with an agency that provides free leads for lower commission. LH will allow you to finance leads But they will charge you top dollar for leads while paying you bottom dollar. You’ll never get out of debt!

When I was thinking about this, The approach I'd thought would be best for me, as a brand new agent, for the first one or two lead orders would be to work out some forum members that supply leads and talk with them about some old ones. That would give me a cheaper cost per unit for practice sales calls.

When I was thinking about this, The approach I'd thought would be best for me, as a brand new agent, for the first one or two lead orders would be to work out some forum members that supply leads and talk with them about some old ones. That would give me a cheaper cost per unit for practice sales calls.
I know LH leads never had a phone number. Are (real) FE leads different? I’ve never called an FE lead, I got 1 or 2 with a number on them but didn’t bother just went and knocked.

I know LH leads never had a phone number. Are (real) FE leads different? I’ve never called an FE lead, I got 1 or 2 with a number on them but didn’t bother just went and knocked.

I am not an agent, sorry I haven't thought to put that in most of my posts in your thread. Any comments I would make about lead cards (other than I have received them in the mail) would be hearsay from forum reading. Others need to give you those comments.

I came to the forum for different reasons, but in the Spring of 2017 I considered FE sales for awhile. In that time frame there were a group of threads with comments by goillini, agentguy5, jdeasy and others that pretty much laid out a system for FE sales if you read them carefully. I also spent a week or so going through old forum posts and made a choice about who I would consider as a primary choice for an IMO.

It was in that process that I decided about buying the old leads. I think that probably has some significant downsides for a new agent too, and I would not suggest it to another. For me personally, I know I have problems with selling at the door, and I'd just as soon work on that with less expensive leads than more expensive leads.

Ultimately I decided that was something that was unlikely to work out for me and did not go further with it.

I understand the idea of thinking about insurance as interesting and wish you the best as you go forward with your selling.

Back