Quote engine

If only we knew somebody who could show us an example of a well optimized site.

That would sure help us all, and really contribute to the forum.

Take a look at 1800insuraceCT.com if you'd like. I need to move the Google Analytics code to the bottom of my pages and there some other issues with the site. Aside from the analytics code issue the home page and most of the main pages are optimized to the best of my ability.

Optimization is never 100% and there is always something new to learn about SEO so I do encourage suggestions. I've definitely learned from the SEO experts who have posted on the forum.

I originally created the site in FrontPage, so it was horrible from an SEO perspective at that point. As I've learned more I've improved the site. New pages are hand coded, use external CSS and validate for either XHTML strict or XHTML mobile 1.2. There are still some old pages that I haven't upgraded, but the main pages and the new pages are optimized.

Here are some of the things I focus on when creating a new page:

Making a strong call to action in my title tag, my description meta tag and on the page itself.

Making it easy to respond to that call. I want my prospective clients to either call me or complete my questionnaire. My phone number and the link to my questionnaire are prominent and repeated. This is the web corollary of closing early and often.

Making sure that my site is easy to navigate for both search engines and human visitors.

Researching my keywords and placing them in:
  • Title tag
  • Heading tags
  • Anchor text and title attributes of inbound links
  • <strong></strong> tags
  • <em></em> tags
  • Body text
Using <b></b> or <i></i> where non-keyword text should be bolded or italicized for human visitors.

Linking to and from important internal pages in my text and not just in navigation.

Make sure the XHTML (or HTML) and CSS coding validates and that there are no broken links.

Making sure that the page renders well in
  • Internet Explorer
  • Firefox
  • Safari
  • My cell phone
An optimized site will have a privacy policy, a contact us or about us page, an XHTML site map, an XML site map and robots.txt file.

I don't mean to get between you two guys, but this forum is very well optimized.

It is very well placed in SERPs for most of industry-relevant keywords, so that soon enough will become a brand among this niche

Sitelinks will follow as well.

Wasn't talking about the Forum Val.

Was referring to Mr Miller, and his comments.

I sure didn't mean to start a pissing contest over site design & SEO. Just thought the quote engine might be of interest to those in the Medicare market.

As for my site, I have a stealth advisor . . .

I sure didn't mean to start a pissing contest over site design & SEO. Just thought the quote engine might be of interest to those in the Medicare market.

As for my site, I have a stealth advisor . . .

I wouldnt mention his name either, but I have an idea, I have seen his work, and its far from being helpful.

Do you understand SEO?

Just as the Pajama Man is "Mr. Health Insurance of Nevada", I am Mr. SEO of North America.

I don't publicize it too much though...like to keep it on deep background...an "under the radar" type of thing.

Maybe you've seen my picture? It's featured prominently on somarco's "Bare Bones Health Insurance" site.

I am NOT taking on any new consulting clients at this time.

Gee Paul, you outed yourself.

I normally refer to you as "deep shee-ut".

(Think Watergate).

Take a look at 1800insuraceCT.com if you'd like. I need to move the Google Analytics code to the bottom of my pages and there some other issues with the site.

The code for Google, doesnt matter where it is, its code it does not effect your website--

Using <b></b> or <i></i> where non-keyword text should be bolded or italicized for human visitors.

Title Tag has more to do than just call to action.

Once again, some bad information being passed out about SEO

Here is Googles explanation

Hypertext-Matching Analysis: Our search engine also analyzes page content. However, instead of simply scanning for page-based text (which can be manipulated by site publishers through meta-tags), our technology analyzes the full content of a page and factors in fonts, subdivisions and the precise location of each word. We also analyze the content of neighboring web pages to ensure the results returned are the most relevant to a user's query.

Last edited:
Back