Quote Wizard? NOPE

LGilmore

Guru
1000 Post Club
Well pretty much had it with these guys. I have a policy where if I have to call and b itch about returns being denied too many times in too short a period, that I'm done.

I've tried them for 2 1/2 months and while they've been good about most credits, they dig their heels in on some where I've spent waaay too much time verifying they're bad.
Then I have to call and walk back through the information I already gave them to get the credit.

Just tires me out, to put a lot of effort into making sure what I turn in for credit is legit. to have it bounced back and dismissed without any effort.

I've been getting a lot of fake leads from these guys where the people aren't at the address listed or even in the state in some cases.... it gets denied with this explaination..."maybe the person typed in the wrong address" Really? you'd type in an entire address incorrectly by accident? Really? I'm not talking a transposed house number, I'm talking an entire street address and city.... By mistake? I've had too many dumb assed conversations about what is getting turned down. They do correct it, but man, I am not put on this planet to have these types of phones calls.

I honestly can't reccomend these guys to anybody to try.

I know I've probably crapped out on the outstanding credit requests I have pending, but I am calling way too much, spending too much time angry because I have to call them so much. My energy is better spent elsewhere. The forum is a place where you learn what companies to avoid.

Avoid these guys. Sorry Quote Wizzard, too many calls about credits that should be credited in the first place. Too much effort on my part, too little empathy and effort on yours.

Last edited:
Well pretty much had it with these guys. I have a policy where if I have to call and b itch about returns being denied too many times in too short a period, that I'm done.

I've tried them for 2 1/2 months and while they've been good about most credits, they dig their heels in on some where I've spent waaay too much time verifying they're bad.
Then I have to call and walk back through the information I already gave them to get the credit.

Just tires me out, to put a lot of effort into making sure what I turn in for credit is legit. to have it bounced back and dismissed without any effort.

I've been getting a lot of fake leads from these guys where the people aren't at the address listed or even in the state in some cases.... it gets denied with this explaination..."maybe the person typed in the wrong address" Really? you'd type in an entire address incorrectly by accident? Really? I'm not talking a transposed house number, I'm talking an entire street address and city.... By mistake? I've had too many dumb assed conversations about what is getting turned down. They do correct it, but man, I am not put on this planet to have these types of phones calls.

I know I've probably crapped out on the outstanding credit requests I have pending, but I am calling way too much, spending too much time angry because I have to call them so much. My energy is better spent elsewhere. The forum is a place where you learn what companies to avoid.

Avoid these guys. Sorry Quote Wizzard, too many calls about credits that should be credited in the first place. Too much effort on my part, too little empathy and effort on yours.

That sucks to hear, but it is sad to say this is the reality with personal lines leads in today's market. Company's are just concerned with a lead rather than the quality, and this in turn makes the agents leery and remiss about outsourcing, "can't say that I blame them". In my opinion personal line leads are becoming a dead end, the last genuine lead line is commercial. B2B if handled with integrity will generate sales and a positive ROI. I just don't think the same apply s to personal lines.

Question- Do you have any lead management programs that do reporting on lead vendor results? My company has one of those so you can compare results of various lead vendors and even send reports to the vendor as proof.

I have tried them, I got a good contact ratio for the leads, and they had an easy credit system that I didn't have an issue with. I bought their exclusive leads. I did come across a woman who said she had been contacted by another agent, and only went to the one site, so take it for what you will.
I know half the equation in internet leads is contact ratio...

"I have tried them, I got a good contact ratio for the leads, and they had an easy credit system that I didn't have an issue with"

Life or auto? They just started doing life in the last 12 months. And yes, for the most part the credit system works. The problem is when they don't read the notes or understand them because they limit them to 250 characters, so it limits the detail like the obit notice on the one person who DIED six months before the lead was generated. But her answering machine worked...

Not saying they are bad people, not saying they refused credits. Just saying too many calls on bad leads where it seems they skipped or didn't comprehend the information.
If I am going to spend the dam time digging it out (like an obit) better f ing read it. That's what my problem became.

I don't like taking that much time, seeing the information skipped over and then having to call to get somebody to look at it...again. I should not have to pay people to make me angry.. If I am getting upset, why am I giving them money? That's about what it should come down to.

Question for those of you that use Shared leads.....

When was the last time your vendor contacted you and credited you on a lead you had yet to get to an prove it was a fake....

Think about it...If you are finding all of these leads that deserve a credit then the other agents recieving the leads are also doing the same thing...Once notified the leads is bad shouldn't the lead vendor credit all the agents that recieved the bogus lead?

They sure should but in todays lead world the lead is good until you are able to prove it is a bad lead, withing the allotted 3 days period given by the vendors and as long as you do not exceed a 25 percent return ratio....

Isn't this crazy?

Question for those of you that use Shared leads.....

When was the last time your vendor contacted you and credited you on a lead you had yet to get to an prove it was a fake....

HometownQuotes.com did that for me. I got a lead and shortly thereafter I got an e-mail saying I had been credited for it because it was a bad lead. Just one of the many reasons I was impressed.

Haven't used HTQ in a while but I have always been impressed with those guys. They try harder than any other lead gen company I know to get it right and work with the agent to make the partnership profitable for both sides.

We have been using Quote Wizard now for a few months, received over 100+ leads, and I can safely say that it has been an absolute WASTE of time and money. I understand leads are not 100% good quality, but 0%?? That, in my mind, is not only ridiculous, but unacceptable. 90% of the leads had bad or disconnected number, many said that they never requested quotes, or that they were quoting their insurance 8-10 months prior. At first, we were able to credit bad phone numbers, but a cap was set on our account meaning that we could not request anymore credit till the next month. With the window to request credit only 10 days and the end of the month more than 10 days away, we were told there was nothing they could do and we would just have to pay for those bad leads. Upon calling to have this conversation with their Customer Service Center, as I vented my frustration with throwing money away, they actually tried to pivot Homeowners leads to me, which they assured me, are of much better quality (and price). Don't throw your money away!

Back